timgno
Re: Rewriting Profile Module... Want to have some input. (And info about new xroster)
  • 2011/2/25 12:04

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I thought that as optional you can insert a map with google of your location, to go to enter the data in the meta tags geo.location, geo.position, geo.country, geo.region

redheadedrod
Re: Rewriting Profile Module... Want to have some input. (And info about new xroster)

This would probably be in line with the plugin I have been considering that would store a persons GPS coordinates.

But this is down the road at this point. I have a couple projects lined up that I have to finish first.

After I complete those modules I will be looking at making major changes to some other modules in preparation for including them as plugins to profile. I will also be trying to catch up with the Xe stuff so that I can help upgrade a few of the important modules to use the Xe system. I have some interesting concepts I am working on now.

Rodney

timgno
  • 2011/3/1 15:01

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I found this class on a network, it may be interesting

class GeoLocationGM
{
    public static function 
getLocationByZipcode$zipcode null )
    {

//$key = "";

$key sfConfig::get('sf_google_key');

$result null;

if ( $ 
Zipcode. ) {

$result = array();

$zipcode trim( $ Zipcode. );

$uri      "http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q =". $ Zipcode."&output=xml&key=".$key."&oe=utf8";

$xml_str file_get_contents($uri);

if( !empty( 
$xml_str ) ){

$xml = new DOMDocument();
                $ 
Xml>loadXML($ Xml_str);

$result['code']    = @$xml->getElementsByTagName('code')->item(0)->nodeValue;

$result['address'] = @$xml->getElementsByTagName('address')->item(0)->nodeValue;

$result['CountryNameCode'] = @$xml->getElementsByTagName('CountryNameCode')->item(0)->nodeValue;

$result['CountryName'] = @$xml->getElementsByTagName('CountryName')->item(0)->nodeValue;

$result['AdministrativeAreaName'] = @$xml->getElementsByTagName('AdministrativeAreaName')->item(0)->nodeValue;

$result['SubAdministrativeAreaName']= @$xml->getElementsByTagName('SubAdministrativeAreaName')->item(0)->nodeValue;

$result['LocalityName']    = @$xml->getElementsByTagName('LocalityName')->item(0)->nodeValue;

$result['PostalCodeNumber'$Xml = @>getElementsByTagName('PostalCodeNumber')->item(0)->nodeValue;

}

}

return 
$result;
    }
}

redheadedrod

Ahh yes, this is in line with what I was looking for timgno.

I figured that once there is a way to convert a persons postal code to GPS coordinates then it becomes easy to do some other things.

Since not everyone has a GPS in their house and can upload that information..

Rodney

djfuego
  • 2011/3/28 20:46

• djfuego

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

Can an option to remove the user if they don't activate through email be added? Auto purge users based on rules.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits