CompShack
Re: Question from a Drupal user!
  • 2008/4/13 16:30

• CompShack

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/12

Quote:
Newbb is old compared to CBB3.08, which you can get from one of the links in phppp's sig (see post above). you will need the "Frameworks" and "xoopseditors" from that site too.

What forum module is used here at XOOPS.org?

Anonymous
  • 2008/4/13 17:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
CompShack wrote:

What forum module is used here at XOOPS.org?

CBB 3.08.

Sorry - I should have said...... CBB is the next generation of newbb and it retains the newbb directory name.

stefan88
  • 2008/4/16 6:01

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

Quote:
Quote:
Also you can use empty (virtual) module for each of the categories (and have something like a page) and asign coresponding blocks to that module.

You lost me here, I have no idea what you mean by this :)

I'll try to explain. If you go to admin - blocks, you will see that you can assign blocks to top page and/or to modules. But what if you want to organize them by content? Fot example you have News with this categories: Database, Programing and you have some Polls - Poll.1 What MySQL are you using? and Poll.2 What is you favorite programming IDE? It does not make sence to display all in the same page. But you can have one empty module - Database and another - Programming. Then you can assign block with Poll.1 to Database module and block with Poll.2 to Programming module. You can assign News spotlight block (you may need extra module for that) from Database category to database module, you can put some custom block with info related to databases, block with ads related to databases and so on (again you will need module for that). In short empty module will give you option to organize blocks by content subject.

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits