Re: Trying to setup the forums module: Newbie here
  • 2007/3/29 11:55

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

This is what confuses JAVesey -
Quote:

Kridina wrote:
the basic forum module that came with it.

and this - Quote:
the standard forum module that came with the XOOPS version

Since version 2.0.14, there have been no modules included with the core downloads.

The URL for your site redirects to a 403 forbidden page - it cannot be viewed.

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/29 12:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks Steve - that's exactly what I am confused about........

........well, that and the statement that the site uses CBB 3.08 like on xoops.org

It's difficult to offer assistance when one can't view the site and the site's owner seems unsure of what's been installed.

BlueStocking

I think I might see part of the problem...
Birdkeepers is working as a subdirectory ofhttp://darkstargamers.com
The darkstargamers is down now as far as I can tell.

Last night I was able to access her site and did not get the page not found error. Her setup is so that you have to be registered before you can participate. (very pretty, I might add) I did not register. The links in the previous post of mine worked, probably like they should have.

I now suspicion she is not getting the permissions from her server or it is server/space/renewal related.

Now, I get a
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) Server at birdkeepers.darkstargamers.com Port 80

I can access most of the other gamers subdomains. So I guess the site isn't completely down afterall.

SEE:
http://whois.ws/domain_information-com/darkstargamers.com/

Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: registrar.godaddy.com

Expiration Date: 2007-07-24
Creation Date: 2005-07-24
Last Update Date: 2006-12-04

Kridina
  • 2007/3/30 13:34

• Kridina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/27

Greetings,

I can see how you may have become confused because after a made the first post I got the same forms module the xoops.org site uses. I did say I had gotten it after the first post, but I guess it was missed in the reading. Anyways, I still got the 'page can not be displayed error'. We have discovered that when you go to add a category (or even news in the news module) the browser is directing me tohttp://modules/newbb/admin/admin_forums.php My question is how do I get it to redirect to the correct address in the browser?

Kridina

Kridina
  • 2007/3/30 13:45

• Kridina

• Just popping in

Greetings,

I forgot to add the reason you couldn't get to my site is because it was reset. I'ts being worked on again. Support there is trying to figure out why I am getting redirected to the wrong addy as I type.

Kridina

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/30 13:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

Kridina wrote:

We have discovered that when you go to add a category (or even news in the news module) the browser is directing me tohttp://modules/newbb/admin/admin_forums.php My question is how do I get it to redirect to the correct address in the browser?

That isn't a real web address - there's a whole lot missing at the start, including something like www.yoursite.com/

I can't help thinking that there is something wrong with your mainfile.php and, in particular, a faulty or missing definition for your xoops_url.

However, if your xoops_url is okay and you really have installed CBB 3.08 then it may be that your problem is related to the Frameworks and xoopseditors that you should have downloaded and installed with that module. There was another similar thread earlier this week.

Please make sure that you have the following director structure on your server:

website_root/class/xoopseditor
website_root/Frameworks
website_root/modules/newbb

It seems to be a common mistake to put the xoopseditor directory inside the wrong /class directory, i.e. the one inside Frameworks/xoops22/class...... this is incorrect - it must be the XOOPS core /class directory as above.

HTH

Kridina
  • 2007/3/30 14:10

• Kridina

• Just popping in

Greetings,

I know it isn't a real address..which is why I am getting the 'page can not be displayed' message. For some reason when I go to add a category, the program is redirecting me to that incomplete/incorrect address. It is exactly as it appears in my browser address bar. I can not copy and paste more then appears there.

Kridina

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/30 14:18

• Anonymous

• Since:

Might be wrong, but I'm reasonably certain that your mainfile.php is missing its xoops_url definition

Are you able to look at the code in your mainfile.php and tell us what is defined there? You should see two important definitions after the preamble at the top, i.e. xoops_physical_path and xoops_url

Please can you copy/paste what you have in the definitions near the top of mainfile.php inside
and
so we can see what you have? Please scrub any passwords and the database name from anything you post, though

I'm sure that people on here will help you - I have to go home now and won't be at my PC for a few hours....sorry

Kridina
  • 2007/3/30 14:21

• Kridina

• Just popping in

Greetings,

One last message. I decided to go with phpnuke. I do not appreciate it being implied that I did not 'really' get the forums module I said I tried. Instead of addressing my issues, one poster seemed to go out of their way to make sure I felt dumped apon with vague comments and implications, when I all I wanted was some friendly advice. Have a good day.

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/30 14:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well there's gratitude for you

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits