Anonymous
Re: Protector 3.0
  • 2007/2/9 14:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

One last question before I upgrade......

Does the XOOPS_TRUST_PATH use the "physical path" (like XOOPS_ROOT_PATH does) or the "virtual path" (like XOOPS_URL)?

I've assumed the "physical path" but would like to be sure before I start messing about

Anonymous
  • 2007/2/10 8:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
JAVesey wrote:

Does the XOOPS_TRUST_PATH use the "physical path".......?

To answer my own question.......yes

Upgrades this morning - 5 minute job.

Happy Bunny here

xtremepr
  • 2007/2/12 22:44

• xtremepr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 0

I created the folder alongside the public_html directory, but encountered the following problem while uploading files to the sub directory filters_disabled " Filename too long. Please try again "

Any Suggestons? a workaround? could these directories be created inside the public_ftp or would it compromise the security features as well?

xtremepr
  • 2007/2/12 23:08

• xtremepr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 0

I edited the mainfile.php as said in the instruction. he module does not appear in the module administration page. Instead the following error display between the installed modules list and the uploaded un-installed modules "Module File for _vti_cnf Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found set XOOPS_TRUST_PATH into mainfile.php"

How can I define XOOPS_TRUST_PATH into mainfile.php ?

I'm not XOOPS technical oriented so any help in plain english would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
  • 2007/2/13 7:15

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
xtremepr wrote:

How can I define XOOPS_TRUST_PATH into mainfile.php ?

I added the following lines to my mainfile.php:

// XOOPS Protector Module Trust Path
    // Physical path to your XOOPS Trust Path directory WITHOUT trailing slash
    // Example: define('XOOPS_TRUST_PATH', '/home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wibble');

define('XOOPS_TRUST_PATH''home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wibble');

I added them at lines 41-44, i.e. below where the XOOPS_URL and XOOPS_ROOT_PATH are defined.

Use the "physical path" to the directory, i.e. like the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.

Obviously, your physical path will be different to mine (and no, "wibble" isn't genuine directory name!).

PM me if you need help.

BDW
  • 2007/2/13 11:42

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Im still none the wiser.

Is the XOOPS Trust Path the same as or different from your XOOPS Root Path?

Do I have to create it?

Also, I dont have a folder called public_html. What is it?

I thought the whole idea of a CMS was to make things simpler.

Anonymous
  • 2007/2/13 12:34

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi Barry,

Quote:
BDW wrote:

Is the XOOPS Trust Path the same as or different from your XOOPS Root Path?

Do I have to create it?

Yes, they are different and yes, you have to create it.

Basically, you need to:

1. manually create a new directory (with a unique name of your choosing - anything you like) on your server at the same level as (i.e. parallel to) your bottom-most XOOPS website folder.

2. Define your new directory as your "xoops_trust_path"

In your mainfile.php you will have your xoops_root_path defined as "physical path"/html where /html is the folder where your website and all the other folders (class, modules, etc) sit.

Your xoops_root_path will be unique to you and your server
and it is defined in your mainfile.php using a bit of code similar to:

// XOOPS Root Path
    // Physical path to your XOOPS Root Path directory WITHOUT trailing slash
    // Example: define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/html');

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/html');

Your /html folder may be called something else depending upon what you decided at the time of installation.

All you need to do is copy (not cut!) the above XOOPS_ROOT_PATH code from your mainfile.php and paste it in lower down. In the newly pasted in code, change all instances of "ROOT" to "TRUST" and change "/html" (or whatever yours is called) "/new directory".

You will now have a new directory on your server and some lines of code in your mainfile.php which defines this new directory as your XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.

3. Upload Protector Module

This is a two-stage process.

In the Protector 3 download there are two directories, one called "/html" and one called "/xoops_trust_path". In both of these there is a directory called "/modules" and each has a sub-directory called "/protector".

a) Upload the "/html/modules/protector" directory to your website's modules directory in the usual way so you have:

/modules/protector

b) Upload the contents of the /xoops_trust_path directory to your newly made directory so that you have the structure:

new directory/modules/protector

4. Install the module

If you already have Protector 2.5x installed then simple update the module in admin.

If you already have Protector 2.5x installed then revisit mainfile.php and amend the pre- and post-check code from "XOOPS_ROOT_PATH" to "XOOPS_TRUST_PATH"

Hope this helps

Quote:
BDW wrote:

I thought the whole idea of a CMS was to make things simpler.

Someone should make a FAQ for this as it's going to confuse a lot of people, as it did me at first

BDW
  • 2007/2/13 12:44

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

lol, was just about to post telling people i'd figured it out (after reading up about 10 times, lol.)

But thanks anyway. I'm sure this may help other people out.

And your right there needs to be a faq on this, and it should also be mentioned in the XOOPS installation notes. Hopefully this will all be added to XOOPS main installation soon. so that its much more simpler to figure out what is and where is XOOPS trust path.

skenow
  • 2007/2/13 12:44

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

There is an article at Xoops-Tips - XOOPS_TRUST_PATH and a related article here

And you have done a pretty good job at describing the process - this should help and can serve as the basis for the FAQ

koumed
  • 2007/2/17 17:33

• koumed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/17

I have followed the instraction, I understand what does trust patch means, even if it confuse the first time, but anyways
when i try to install it I get this error

Warning [PHP]: require() [function.require]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/******/emule-sahara.com/med/modules/protector/xoops_version.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/var/tmp:/home/******/med/emule-sahara.com/htdocs) in file modules/protector/xoops_version.php line 9
Warning [PHP]: require(/home/******/emule-sahara.com/med/modules/protector/xoops_version.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in file modules/protector/xoops_version.php line 9
Warning [PHP]: require() [function.require]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/******/emule-sahara.com/med/modules/protector/xoops_version.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/var/tmp:/home/******/emule-sahara.com/htdocs) in file modules/protector/xoops_version.php line 9
Warning [PHP]: require(/home/******/emule-sahara.com/med/modules/protector/xoops_version.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in file modules/protector/xoops_version.php line 9

Can someone help me please

PS: the /home/******/emule-sahara.com/med/ is the XOOPS_TRUST_PATH

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits