mackingspain
Re: Fatal Error in edituser.php

That did the trick . . . thanks Julian and to everyone else who took the time to respond.

I'm looking at switching hosts anyway because the current one's configuration could be described as peculiar to say the least.

Cheers -

John M.

jegelstaff
Re: Fatal Error in edituser.php
  • 2006/11/20 18:02

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

I'm glad to hear that worked. We will include that fix in the forthcoming 2.2 Final release.

When I mentioned your site's configuration, I meant the combination of blocks and modules and things that are loading as part of the edituser.php page, not anything to do with your web hosting company (which I know nothing about, good or bad). See, XOOPS loads in a lot of code from different sources as part of each page load, and so various objects and classes and stuff gets initialized with every page, some of which is only used for one or two tiny things on the page.

So what must have been happening on our test site is that something else on the page was already loading in the $myts object, so when edituser.php called formdisplay.php, and formdisplay.php referenced the $myts object, it was already there and ready for use.

But on your site, for whatever reason, the $myts object was never loaded by anything else on the page, and since the edituser.php file itself was not loading it, then when formdisplay.php tried to use the object, it was no where to be found.

This fix simply forced edituser.php to put a copy of the $myts object in memory, ready for use later on in case nothing else had loaded it already.

Take it easy,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits