cphine
Re: Main Menu Missing
  • 2005/11/11 17:38

• cphine

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/31

Fixed it!
Thanks to Somnium86 in a year old post.

1.) went to 'Blocks Admin.' and selected 'FAQ' as the show blocks visible in setting. (FAQ is the only page that the block would appear in).

2.) I now had 'Main Menu' as an option, and I clicked 'Edit' under the 'Action' column. That page presented me w/ a dropdown list of pages that the block would show up in...I chose 'All pages'.

Problem solved; but I can promise you that I did NOT get in the settings that deep and change it prior to this problem....which scares me. Hopefully this is just a fluke. At least I know how to fix it should it happen again.

Thanks for everyone's posts.

sparkiwi
  • 2005/11/12 4:23

• sparkiwi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/31

Woops missed the extra page so the following is redundant -what you did may have fixed the database I leave it for your interest
-----------------------------------------------------------
I will try and back the truck up a bit:-

As you know XOOPS keeps all the settings you make and the data you enter in a database - not in the installation files which are larely static unless you modify them. These are merely the program or frontend to read and write the XOOPS database.

Depending on where you have installed XOOPS and what server functions your host system or ISP uses depends on how the data is stored and using which tools. For my installation which is remotely hosted, the internet server is Apache which runs php and uses a MySQL database. This can be accessed by me through phpMyadmin.

Your system may be running a different web server (such as microsoft and even a different database system (eg SQL Server). If you wish to get into the database you must ascertain how (i.e. if you have access to phpMyadmin) - you will also need to know the database login and password (which you would have needed for your first XOOPS installation.

I still believe you problem lies in the database not in the install files that you have FTP access to - but I may be wrong.

Perhaps if you have no phpMyadmin experience you should resort to a clean new install of XOOPS which will recraete the database, atbles and data. If you are really stuck - someone here could probably write a php file (or even me if I really put my mind to it) to do a one time record addition to the table tplfile that I mentioned - but this may be tricky if we have not first verified the record is missing from the data table and that the autonumber primary key would not be repeated. What tools do you have to have to manage your site outside of XOOPS (e.g. set up ftp and pop users etc)?. This may give a clue if you can access phpMyadmin function which is built into the server not into your site.

I am not nearly an expert in hosting systems, php or apache so someone else may be able to clarify better.

borpin
  • 2006/2/4 21:56

• borpin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/4 2

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
The solution may be even simpler than that.

Go into System Admin »» Preferences Main »» General Settings and set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to Yes.

Brilliant. Solved my problem of the lost and missing main menu

Brian

mpernic
  • 2006/3/28 15:53

• mpernic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/28

I didnt want to start the new topic, as the question is very similar to the one already discussed here.

When Im unregistered user (not logged into the system), I see all the content of the main menu (home, news, polls, forum, contact, ...). When I log in, I see only some of them (always the same: home, news, forum and downloads).

I tryed everything written in posts in this topic, but without luck.

Any ideas on fixing this? XOOPS version is 2.2.3 final.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Marko

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits