tim1980
Re: Xoops 2.2 upgrade totally messed up templates system
  • 2005/7/30 13:03

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

Thanks for your help.

I cannot get recovery.php to load at all, just get a blank white page or the revolving error message.

I think my database my have errors or something, maybe that is due to the Gzip thing.

I'll try to access my database to change that, but I might not be able to...

rowdie
  • 2005/7/30 13:06

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

phpMyAdmin is installed on most hosts. It's the easiest way to run queries, if you're lucky enough to have it available.

tim1980
  • 2005/7/30 13:09

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

Yep I managed to find my way into myPHPAdmin fine to turn off the gzip_compression.

However, my site is still hossed, as in the revolving error message about no module. This is the error I get now after having run the install script again, sorry, that did not help... Opps

rowdie
  • 2005/7/30 13:57

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

did you write over your old mainfile.php when you ran the install script the second time?

tim1980
  • 2005/7/30 14:00

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

I did'nt copy the fresh file to the server, but I did allow the install script to write to the file because it would not let me coninue otherwise.

rowdie
  • 2005/7/30 14:01

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

yep, I've just recreated the situation on a local install.

Ok, now I'll see what I can do to fix it.

rowdie
  • 2005/7/30 14:13

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

You should have two lots of XOOPS installations in your database now, each with a different prefix. Change your mainfile.php to the prefix from the original install

i.e.
1. download mainfile.php from the server
2. change XOOPS_DB_PREFIX to the original prefix (not the one that's currently in the file)
3. Upload mainfile.php
4. Reset the permissions on the file so it's not writeable

That should at least stop the constant refreshing.

I've still got problems with logging in now, but I'm looking into that.

Hope this helps...
Rowd

edit: the logging in problem was just because I hadn't run the xoopsupdate.php file yet. After doing that, it all went back to normal.

jdseymour

Hi Rowdie,

If you run the script a second time, why the two instances? Shouldn't it exit with errors that the tables already exist? Why is it not doing this?

The reason I ask is I came across a site with 2 system modules listed in the database, and of course caused problems with the site.

rowdie
  • 2005/7/30 15:02

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

The install process prefills the database prefix field with an autogenerated suggested value. It's pretty much guaranteed to be different from the original.

I don't know how a site could end up with two system modules in the database though

edit: I see what you mean now. I just ran it again, and this time it prefilled the form. I'll see what happens this time...

rowdie
  • 2005/7/30 15:37

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

Yes jd you're exactly right. Running the script twice and using the same database details creates two system modules - and the refresh problem as well. Not just system modules, but a number of other records are added, like system blocks, permissions on the blocks, groups...

Did you go through and repair the database records by hand, or just retrieve a backup?

I don't know why the install script isn't exiting when the tables exist. It seems to just continue and do what it can I could take a look, but I really need to get some of my own work done today too

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits