gtop00
Re: Real Name in XOOPS 2.2
  • 2005/7/31 23:25

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Dear All,

I think that you can make it without hacking anythind.
You just have to go to Modules --> Extended Profiles --> Fields --> Add a Field.
Then give a Name to the Field, a Title (what you see) a description and choose the Type (e.g. Text Field). After submitting it, you see a new page where you can make it required and visible in the registration form.

Regarding the upgrade from previous versions, I would suggest a kind of "copying" the existing Real Name to the new Field.
I am sorry but I do not know how to do it (I am not a programmer) and I wish that somebody can help us.

BTW, have a look at this example (First Name - Last Name) in registration form of XOOPS 2.2

CiberEspia

if but that field would be duplicated.
that use would have the orignal field of xoops(name real)???
it would be something stupid to have this field and not to use it.
Mario Burga
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>Adictoshp.org|Web Blog<<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SLEO577
  • 2005/8/1 2:23

• SLEO577

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/27

That is exactly it......I realize we all can make another field for (real name), but as (CiberEspia) points out, your just duplicating the Real Name field....and that is rather pointless.

I know earlier in this post Mith stated there was simple solution, maybe when he returns from a much needed vacation he could enlighten us to this simple solution.

It would appear several of us are looking for this in our required registration field.

gtop00
  • 2005/8/1 10:08

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Dear All,

In my case (running a Club site) I need seperated the First & LAst names for obvious reasons (namesday wishes etc)
Having only one field for Real Name is not convenient for me and this is the reason I never used the hack.
So, what I am going to try to do is what I mentioned at my previous post, having the Real Name field unused.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits