jdseymour
Re: Cant hide email addresses in member profiles

All registered users here need valid e-mail addresses to confirm their registration. So the ones you cannot see have the before mentioned string unchecked."Allow other users to view my email address".

This should be the same behavior on your site.

nightshade
  • 2005/6/18 10:04

• nightshade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/11

ok. i understand that. which is what i was hoping to accomplish with my forum. actually its the default way i think, as you actually have to check the box to make it visable to other members. but for some strange reason, all my test users are able to view each other email addresses. is there any other option i need to look for besides that checked box? because i am CERTAIN that every test user box is unselected.

nightshade
  • 2005/6/18 10:07

• nightshade

• Just popping in

by the way, i thank you all for your help...i have been trying to figure this out for so many hours now im practically brain dead. i mean i cant figure it out at all. im even logging on from a different laptop---i have two laptops in front of me--everything on the XOOPS works perfectly, theme download went smooth, but for some reason the emails of all my test users are able to be viewed.

nightshade
Re: Someone PLEASE!! help...im baffled
  • 2005/6/18 10:29

• nightshade

• Just popping in

has anyone ever experienced anything like this. what steps should i take now? ive deleted all the members i created and started over with new test users. yet they are STILL able to view each other's email addy. this is too frustrating for words

jdseymour

Is your site accessible from the Internet. If so PM the URL to me, if you do not want it published.

nightshade
  • 2005/6/18 11:01

• nightshade

• Just popping in

thank you. i got the email confirmation that you went to the site. im hoping you will somehow be able to see whatever the problem is, because im totally baffled. i thank you again

jdseymour

Well, I can confirm I can see the e-mails on your site when logged in. I cannot see you admis settings for the registered user groups, so I do not know what the problem is.

I created a test registered user on my site and cannot view the e-mail addresses of users that have the show e-mail string unchecked but can for users that have it checked.

Anonymous is the same way. So all I can say is check the permissions in your System Admin - Groups and make sure too many permissions for profiles are not given.

You can look at the new user block on my site (temporary anonymous access, will change it back shortly) to see what I mean.

nightshade
  • 2005/6/18 11:23

• nightshade

• Just popping in

thank you. i will check your site now. can i give you the special rights so you can check my admin settings? because something isnt right, but i have no clue

jdseymour

You could give me tempoary webmaster rights, or send a different account info by PM.

nightshade
  • 2005/6/18 11:41

• nightshade

• Just popping in

ok. i made the account for you. just let me know when you have finished. thank you very much. i hope you are able to see whatever the problem is. u have all rights.

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits