Mithrandir
Re: Survey module by Mith

Don - have you changed the form after replies have been received? If so, the excel format will be buggered (I'm working on a fix for that, which will also streamline the exporting and reporting process)

Your moderators are complaining... about what?

DonXoop

I probably have changed some things on the form. I did a few tests and tweaked the form before letting the users in. So yes, no doubt about that.

The users that are supposed to deal with the results can't get their head around database stored data. They want simple emails sent to them like you get in liaise and other form modules. How they are dealing with hundreds of emails and the data within is a mystery to me but this seems to be the only way they will do it.

So, I now have 100+ entries in Survey that needs to be sent to the user. I have an export of the (buggered) Excel export and the normal XML export. I don't seem to have the tools to deal with the files. I thought that OpenOffice would load it but it doesn't. Perhaps I can send you the files and maybe get them formatted to something that my user can load? Or is the standard XML buggered too?

I looked at the database and the data isn't going to easily export without a more complicated query.

thanks for the reply Mith.

Mithrandir

Sounds like Liaise is the best choice, then.

Quote:
Perhaps I can send you the files and maybe get them formatted to something that my user can load?

Sure, just send it to me. Probably Excel format is the best (even though it cannot be opened in Excel, it can be opened in a text editor and I can remove the buggered first entries)

Quote:
I looked at the database and the data isn't going to easily export without a more complicated query.

Exactly what I want to change. No time atm, though.

DonXoop

Great, I PM'd the file to you.

I'll dig into the module for an output query (or you can help). Having a manual query for emergencies like this might help cure the panic I get from the users.

Mithrandir

Quote:
I'll dig into the module for an output query (or you can help). Having a manual query for emergencies like this might help cure the panic I get from the users.

Don't. You'll get in over your head there as all replies are saved in one table, with all their answers in another.

This is quite cumbersome to export, which is also a reason why I want to change it. We found out that we couldn't export more than 1750 answers before the server just said "hell no, I'm staying put"... 1750 sounds like a lot... but we had 100 replies to a 20-question survey = more than 1750 answers.

I have ideas for making a table for each survey's answers and will see if I can get some time around Easter to do this.

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits