DonXoop
Re: All xoops headline mods DO NOT WORK with PHP5

Well it should be easy to tell by making changes to .htaccess and watching the results in phpinfo().

For example put:

php_value register_globals 0 ## 0 = off, 1 = on

See if you can flip register_globals on and off. (Then leave it off)

If you're allowed .htaccess you'll know. Not all changes will be allowed if any. It is common to allow some changes.

If you get an Internal Error page then you've entered an incorrect syntax. You can remark lines with an # for testing and comments.

exago
  • 2005/2/12 10:38

• exago

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Oke, I checked using phpinfo with and without .htaccess. In both cases register_long_arrays is "on". So, my webhosting provider has put it "on". It's running PHP 5.01 btw.

So, my conclusion would be that it IS a PHP5 problem and it's NOT due to the register_long_arrays setting being "off".

Right?

Peekay
  • 2005/2/12 11:20

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Which version of MySQL is being used (shown in MySQL section of phpinfo next to Client API version)?.

It may not apply in this case, but I use another CMS which has encountered problems when hosts have upgraded to MySQL 4.1 which treats 'timestamp' and password hashing differently. I have already asked if this might effect XOOPS but nobody from core team has said it is a known problem. Perhaps someone can clarify this.

The only other PHP 5 troubles I have read about are when hosts have upgraded PHP, but not the Zend optimiser. No idea which Zend version is supposed to go with PHP 5.01.

Mithrandir

Could this be a case of fopen() not being enabled? I know it is a security risk, but some headline modules rely on it.

Just throwing in (yet another) ball on the court

exago
  • 2005/2/12 18:12

• exago

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Well, I found the setting "allow_url_fopen" and that's "on".

mysql version:

According to my webhosting company: 4.0.18 (InnoDb not supported)

According to phpinfo: "Client API version" 4.0.20

zeronesystem

Hi,
Headline not work fine:

"Fallo guardando datos en la base de datos para el titular XOOPS Official Website Array"

"Save data failure in database for headline ...."

Server: Win XP SP2 + ISS 5.1
PHP Version 5.0.3 (last version)
MySQL Version 4.1.9-nt (last version)
XOOPS Last versión (see web)

php.ini
register_globals,
On or OFF --> indiferent.

register_long_arrays,
On --> "Save data failure etc etc...."
Off --> Nothing request

XOOPS In all debbug mode: No report problem. ¿?

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

mclindy
  • 2005/2/16 3:42

• mclindy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

I have been having the same problem. I am running my own server with:

*SuSE Linux 9.2
*Apache 2.0.52
*MySQL 4.1.8
*PHP 5.0.3
*XOOPS 2.0.9.2

In trying to troubleshoot the problem, I installed cpgnuke and its headline modules worked without trouble from the get-go. Rest assured I deleted cpg as soon as I confirmed that the problem I was having seemed to be XOOPS and/or module specific, and probably not a problem with my server.

I love everything else about Xoops, but this headlines thing is really bugging me. If I have made some obvious gaffe (e.g. "well, yeah. XOOPS uses XYZ and cpgnuke uses 123; everyone knows 123 sucks. Etc, etc."), please correct me.

God knows this is great stuff and so far I haven't paid anything, so I'm not bitching. Just frustrated that something so damn cool doesn't work a little bit better.

Peekay
  • 2005/2/16 9:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

I was sort of hoping to identify MySQL 4.1 as a consistent element in these posts, but exago uses 4.0 and has the same problem. Beats me. I do believe it would help troubleshoot this if someone from XOOPS core team could confirm the changes from 4.0 to 4.1 do not affect XOOPS core operation. You could then at least strike that off the list. I would like to strike it off the list too, 'cos my host will probably upgrade sometime this year.

zeronesystem

Hi friends,

With the PHP 4.3.10 works ok.
Thank you.

Environment:
WIN XP Prof. + SP2
ISS v5.1
apache_2.0.52-win32-x86-no_ssl
php-5.0.3 --> php 4.3.10
mysql-4.1.9-win32
xoops-2.0.9.2

Peekay
  • 2005/2/26 16:46

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Sounds like a PHP 5 problem then. Can anyone say that they *are* happily running XOOPS 2.0.9.2 + PHP 5.03 + MySQL 4.1 without issues?. If you are, it would be good to see the specs, in particular if you are on a Linux or Windows server.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits