Cavan
Re: Login problem and submit news problem
  • 2005/1/26 3:56

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

Monty...

I stand corrected on the versions: Both modules/news/submit.php files in XOOPS versions 2.0.7.3 (1.16) and 2.0.9.2 (1.17) have this:

$modversion['version'] = 1.1;

However, if you read what I wrote about installing these, I uninstalled/deleted/replaced ALL of the files, not just the submit.php file from each. The same applies to the "News2" module---ALL files were replaced.

I'll give the 1.21 version a try and post the outcome of the installation...Thank you for helping.

Cavan
Re: Login problem and submit news problem---Upgrading was the FIX.
  • 2005/1/26 4:21

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Monty:

Thank you for the help...The News 1.21 module upgrade seems to be working fine. I like the revamped admin interface as well.

I think the previously mentoned error problem is without a doubt related to or a result of my clearing the templates_c folder---I had no serious issues with the site until I dumped that folder. Lesson learned.

Thanks again for your help...I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Cavan
Re: Login problem and submit news problem---HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!
  • 2005/1/26 7:14

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Okay, now I'm really annoyed, no wait, I'm :

I installed the News 1.21 module, submitted 2 test posts, blindly went on to work another module for awhile and then came back to submit another test post (because I'm beginning to not trust these modules to perform the way they're intended to) and IT IS NOW GENERATING "ERRORS" AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SUBMIT NEWS!!!

This is the error shown when running PHP Debug:

Warning [PHP]: array_push(): First argument should be an array in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 113

NOW WHAT???

Cavan
  • 2005/1/26 14:20

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Well, here's something bizarre:

When I submitted the above mentioned test posts last night, I was logged-in as admin. When I went back and attempted to post a 3rd time (last night), I was logged-in as another user but I posted the exact same words, "2nd 1.21 test" and the post wasn't submitted.

So, I tried it again this morning and I was actually able to submit the post ("2nd 1.21 test") while logged-in as admin, but as soon as I logged-out and back in as another user, posting the exact same thing ("2nd 1.21 test"), the "Errors" message showed once more.

The same error (listed in my previous post) is also generated running PHP Debug...Does anyone know why is this happening and how to fix this?

Cavan
  • 2005/1/27 3:53

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Well, I just submitted another test post successfully yet when I attempted to do so a second time, the error showed again...Are there any XOOPS developers available to help with this?

Does anyone use a different news module that works better than the XOOPS news modules?
A recommendation from anyone using a different news module would be appreciated...the XOOPS news modules (1.1 and 1.21) aren't of any use [to me] if my users can't submit news.

rowdie
  • 2005/1/27 9:20

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Quote:

Cavan wrote:

This is the error shown when running PHP Debug:

Warning [PHP]: array_push(): First argument should be an array in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 113

NOW WHAT???

That is nothing to worry about, it's just a warning message that comes from the XOOPS 2.0.7.3. core files. It is fixed in the 2.0.9.x versions. It doesn't affect the functioning of xoops, it's just a bit annoying to see it whenever you use PHPDebug.

Try to look for any other PHPDebug messages, besides this one.

Cavan
  • 2005/1/27 9:34

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

rowdie:

There were no other errors generated at modules/news/index.php or modiles/news/submit.php when running PHP Debug.

Thanks for the information on the core file error issue, but the fact remains that I cannot get this module to work.

Login

Who's Online

110 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 110

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits