Bender
Re: Is it time for a Xoops quality label?
  • 2004/12/19 23:34

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

siweb wrote:
Module Repository already has rating and review system, but it seems very few people are using it.

There is just no reason for people to return to a download afterwards. (me included) You download, you leave, you install and use but usually you won´t return. Just no need.

Quote:
Respository is not regulary updated, there are outdated modules, not compatible with current version of XOOPS etc., so most of us download modules directly from Dev Forge or developers sites.
I think that's a good point to start from. Clean up time.

Well someone in here said
Quote:
this needs a LOT of work, with not many people wanting to devote a lot of time to it (it's commonly seen as a boring task anyways).

which again proves to be true. So when do you start? *evil grin*

brash
Re: Is it time for a Xoops quality label?
  • 2004/12/20 0:09

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I was actually having a discussion similar to this not long ago in this thread.

As has already been said, something like this would be extremely hard to setup, and just as hard again to maintain. However, I agree that there needs to be someting in place that is better than what we have.

I like the idea of influential participants submitting a list of their recommended modules. However, who is to decide who is an influential participant? Also, how is someone new to the community going to know who is an influential participant or not? Another factor here is that opinions are very often different, and if you get 4 influential participants recommending a module, and 5 other influential participants not recommending the same module, I think that is only going to confuse things more for the people we are trying to help by doing this.

I think any "recommended module" ranking should be done on a pre defined set of criteria that are global to all, and objective in nature. If we are to help people choose what module to use then their primary source for making this selection needs to be free of opinion, and based on facts. Opionion based information would however serve as a good secondary source for helping to select modules I think.

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits