• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Try this:
<div style="height: <{$block.wh}>px; width: 100%; padding: 0 0 0 20px">

BEARsaysPLAY
Re: xcgal scrolling thumbs

Sorry Peekay.

The only effect that had was to push the images further right and out of the block.

tripmon
  • 2005/1/13 20:42

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

LOL,

Bear, I tried to install xcgal to see if I could fix the issue, but my install is all whacked out & I cant get to the admin pages... Murphy's law.

If I can get it working, I will post a fix back up here. Until then I'm busy trying to figure out why this is the only module I cant get to install properly.

Peekay
  • 2005/1/13 21:21

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

BEARsaysPLAY wrote:
The only effect that had was to push the images further right and out of the block.

Bummer. That worked for me using default XOOPS theme (with scrolling images block on left). The images were too far to the left, so the padding shifts them over a bit. Does it not work if you reduce the padding value?, or perhaps pad in a different direction?

I'm sorry I couldn't find the scrolling thumbnails block on your site to see which way the images need to be moved.

Peekay
  • 2005/1/13 21:29

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Apologies BEARsaysPLAY, I was looking at the website link posted by the thread poster Zjerre.

tripmon
  • 2005/1/13 21:42

• tripmon

• Module Developer

Got install working, looking into it now....

Zjerre
  • 2005/1/13 22:01

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/6 1

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
Apologies BEARsaysPLAY, I was looking at the website link posted by the thread poster Zjerre.

Well then, I just put the block back at my site. I tried every possible solution posted here, but nothing works.

@BEARsaysPLAY: which theme do you use?

BEARsaysPLAY

I'm currently using the phpkaox theme at www.thebearsden.bearlythere.ca

I also had this problem with several other themes, in particular sunrise where the images show WAY out of the block and one of the TechThemeConfig themes (I don't remember which one).

The scrolling thumbs are also on www.racing.bearlythere.ca which uses a heavily modified version of "skar" for the theme. Although they are slightly off center, they're not nearly as bad as other sites and the at least stay put at different browser settings.

Rhomal
  • 2005/1/13 22:29

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Quote:

Rhomal - That is a good suggestion however, over 90% of the visitors to my site and one of the other sites I manage that has the same problem with this block use IE and obviously, we can't control that. I believe in catering to my end users. Leaving them out in the cold rather than trying to find a fix would be much like designing the layout of the site to fit my 21" monitor at 1280x1024 if the vast majority of my users were running 800x600. Even though it may look great on my end, the end result is the site wouldn't look professional to the users and they'd move on. The better way to go is to solve the problem.

No you cant control them but you can do what I did. Post a blurb in the FAQ about the issue. Which I plainly say its due to IE not being a compliant browser. If you wish to avoid the abnormal issues viewing the site recommmend they use a better/compliant browser.

Its NOT my job to waste time/energy finding a work around for bill gates arrogance in not following W3 standards.

Either people will move to a better browser or they will deal if they want to view my site. *shrugs*

tripmon
  • 2005/1/13 23:19

• tripmon

• Module Developer

OK, here's what I found.

The center feature of the script does work (this is validated by the fact that the ABS centers are aligned.)

The key here is in the third digit, unfortunately the script is not interpreted the same by ie & mozilla, you can use this method to fix either, but it won't work for both...

(see script earlier in post) 0,0,*125*

In theory, this third digit denotes the Center of the object, but alas the math still doesn't add up properly. EG: I have a right col size of 261, theoretically, if I set the object properties to 0,0,130.5 the image should align in the center. I can't explain why yet, but this is not the case. With a setting of 0,0,168 (found by Monkeying method), it is perfectly centered in mozilla, akimbo as hell in IE.

The alternative (imso) is to rewrite the script using relative positioning or a table or css definition.

Let me know if this helps, or if you want more info...
It may be crude and ugly, but it works for 1 browser at a time.

I'll monkey around some more and see if I can re-write it for both browsers.

Trip

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits