carnuke
Re:What is the use of a blog module in xoops?
  • 2005/2/22 21:21

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
WHAT IS TRULY NEEDED is some sort of "Member Suite" of modules that all work together. For example, users could access their Member Pages, Member Blog, Webmail, profile, and Gallery all from the same place. That would make it easier on members and possibly take up less real estate on the Main Menu.

All this is possible right now. It would take some careful planning, beginning with creating a dedicated user group just for your 'member suite'

Users of this groups could have all the features you propose and integrated into one menu.

some ideas ...

multimenu 1.5
myedito
xcgal or similar
formulize
wordpress/ or another blog

Using group permissions and startegic block placement could make a very nice members area using these modules.

It's all in the application

mongrel
Re:What is the use of a blog module in xoops?
  • 2005/2/22 21:46

• mongrel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

Hey, Carnuke—

I had a feeling someone would tell me that it's possible now. I'm just getting used to experimenting with modules, so I'm still behind on all the power and possibilities that are XOOPs. I haven't explored mulitmenu yet. Sounds like that would be a good place to start.

I'll take you up on what sounds like some little bit of a challenge and report back. My gut tells me that there's still going to be some cross-module functionality that isn't there yet. Like there could be some XOOPS thingamajig invented that developers could drop into their modules that link to other mods. Something that is based on the core and would be independent of module specifics. I don't know what it would look like (and sure don't know how it would be engineered), but it would make it easy for Webmasters to create custom "Member Suites."

But then again, I may be imagining something that would only duplicate what's out there already. For now, I'll try your suggestion. Thanks!

mongrel

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits