Anonymous
Re: godaddy.com
  • 2004/10/8 21:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi there!
I am a GoDaddy customer for some years now. And a happy customer, too.
They are good, reliable and inexpensive domain registrars, but DON'T, I repeat that DON'T use the hosting service.
They are really just TRYING to do that!!!
I signed up for the hosting 2 times, once for Windows hosting and once for Linux. Linux has some more features, but they are still very bad.
The admin page is terrible, the lack of features is amazing. They are really trying to give as little as somehow possible to get as many customers as possible. The customer service is relatively slow.
And now, why I quit the hosting with them: Believe it or not: The customer service told me (and I can proof that), that it is not possible to upload MySQL databases bigger than 1 or 2 MB !!!!!!!
Imagine this: They actually told me to cut my biggest database (which is about 70 MB uncompressed) in little pieces of 1 or 2 MB and upload them one after another. With all love but this is just more than ridiculous! They even told me that this is a common problem with mysql.

Overall: They offer good bandwidth and a lot of space but they are not for people with XOOPS systems.

Ok, I hope I could save at least somebody from signing up there....

script_fu
Re: godaddy.com

I also use godaddy and have never had a problem. I've bought up as much as 108 domains with them. I've since trimmed down a lil but still a big godaddy fan after all this time! They rock!

Hosting accounts come and go. Find a good one a stick with them. Some suggestions as follows...

www.voxtreme.com Matt runs a very well oiled machine.

www.httpme.com Very good service but no SSH access
With what im doing I dont use putty much any more.

www.bluewho.com has come along way and is my reseller of choice right now. SSH, overselling, reasonable rates and support rocks! They could use a few more cpanel skins.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits