Big_Bro
Re: Is this how to make google crawl your site immediately?
  • 2004/9/3 18:15

• Big_Bro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/26

Content is the main key as always, if people like it, people recommend it with links and that is where you get your PR and high index. It has nothing to do with '?s'in the URL either, I have dozens of stories listed either #1 or first page in Google for various search strings with XOOPS and php based URLs. (Try Martha Stewart prosecutor, beach blob, or California State Quarter ;) )

But aside from content, aka "King," your RSS feed is your best friend when it comes to Google. I simply asked them to index my RSS feed into Google News and was accepted, and now the news stories are indexed immediately into both Google and Google News, I can hit save on the story and almost immediately go to Google to read it. That won't work for everyone as they expect certain things from their news sources though, but it's worth asking, just read their rules first and give them something worth indexing.

Don't try to manipulate them though, they will penalize you heavily. Just provide good content and work on establishing back links, and you will do well.

tl
Re: Is this how to make google crawl your site immediately?
  • 2004/9/3 18:38

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:

But aside from content, aka "King," your RSS feed is your best friend when it comes to Google. I simply asked them to index my RSS feed into Google News and was accepted, and now the news stories are indexed immediately into both Google and Google News, I can hit save on the story and almost immediately go to Google to read it. That won't work for everyone as they expect certain things from their news sources though, but it's worth asking, just read their rules first and give them something worth indexing.

Thanks for sharing the tip, but how do you do that?

Login

Who's Online

110 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 110

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits