Re: Static Page & HTML Title
  • 2004/7/28 8:15

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Fatal_Voice wrote:
Wow...
mypage is realy what i wanted,thanx a lot!

Why don't you use a module that is dedicated to displaying static HTML/PHP pages instead of playing around with code this way.

Try WF-Sections, or Tiny Content for this.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/28 8:17

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

[edit]

Sorry double post. Browser issues =/

tom
  • 2004/7/28 8:41

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I'd recomend WF-Sections, a excellent module, which can display HTML with no problem.

Theres a link in my sig.

JMorris
  • 2004/7/28 10:51

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Ok, very strange. I hit submit and my browser hangs for five minutes and now I've got a multi-post. The site is loading really slow today too.

Been on several XOOPS / other php sites today and this is the only affected one.

JMorris
  • 2004/7/28 10:52

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

sorry

JMorris
  • 2004/7/28 10:53

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Almost there.

JMorris
  • 2004/7/28 10:56

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Ah, Finally......

WF-Sections is a terrific module, that I use regularlly for some clients websites. However, there is some content [mainly content that has heavy use of tables] that does not display correctly in WF-Sections.

A site I'm working on now has over 700 formatted static pages. I'd love to upload them into the /html dir of WF-Sections and be done with it, but due to the heavy html formatting by the original author [which he does not want to loose], doing a find and replace on the head and body tags, and replacing them with the php wrapper is a much more efficient approach vs. spending weeks recreating every page to work with a module.

My hats off to you for a great module, but sometimes, you gotta play with the code.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/28 13:17

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Ah, Finally......

WF-Sections is a terrific module, that I use regularlly for some clients websites. However, there is some content [mainly content that has heavy use of tables] that does not display correctly in WF-Sections.

A site I'm working on now has over 700 formatted static pages. I'd love to upload them into the /html dir of WF-Sections and be done with it, but due to the heavy html formatting by the original author [which he does not want to loose], doing a find and replace on the head and body tags, and replacing them with the php wrapper is a much more efficient approach vs. spending weeks recreating every page to work with a module.

My hats off to you for a great module, but sometimes, you gotta play with the code.

Yes we know about this problem =(

We hope to have this issue addressed in the next version but this conversion process will never be a 100% and will always require the user to do some re-writing somewhere, But with 700 pages you do not want that =)

Maybe we could change this and have an option to wrap the pages automatically rather than loading the information in the database as in does with html import? Would that help you?

JMorris
  • 2004/7/28 16:02

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Tremendously, but alas, I only have a week left before my deadline, so I'm just going to have to hack away at the code.

That is, unless you have a better suggestion. I'm all ears.

It would be nice to see that feature implemented though.

Thanks.

jmass
  • 2004/7/28 17:51

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

I would use the module at the mac... whatever site listed above. I liked it alot and you can pretty much wrap the content from the HTML as is.

The pain is creating the main menu structure, etc.

I can't think of an auto way to handle the static content. Besides, your links wiould all be screwed up anyways even if you could wrap the actuacl pages. Right?

JMass

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits