Bender
Re: WF-Section v2.0.1 - You might wanna wait for the next version...
  • 2004/6/12 12:14

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

They didn´t say it is final but they consider it to be usable for production websites.

The announcement was:

Quote:
WF-Section Now Available for Download
WF-Section v2.1 Full is now available for download from our download section.

We have released this module as a full version. We believe it to be stable enough for production websites.

You can download this module from here

We will be releasing update scripts for previous versions of WF-Sections and maybe other XOOPS Modules.

The point for me is the lack of any communication again:

Catz had a working exchange of information here on xoops.org with those of you actively hunting the bugs and him replying about them. So one would know if it is really a bug and if it is taken care of.

Now there are open questions that for whatever reason dont get answered. I put a posting regarding some question in the forum of the wf-section website but no response till now.

Those of you who reported bugs there got only a short general note that they were read and being worked on.
Another point: Why post the bugs in the forum. Mantis Bugtracker is installed so it would make sense to post them there. Though none of the newer entries (since mid-may)in the bugtracker have been assigned , acknowledged or what so ever.

That doesn´t answer the question who is working on them. Is it Liquid now or does he only do the website?
(sidenote: Liquid is registered on xoops.org since 2 years but has no postings yet) Are there more people working on it?

I understand that it is not easy to takeover a project like this. Neither in complexity nor in the high expectations people have into it. But just throw us some crumbs here ...

[EDIT: Ok, Liquid posted same time which makes some points useless] :)

Catzwolf
  • 2004/6/12 12:43

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

@Bender:

I do appreciate not only your concern but everyone else here at this website. The project we have taken over is not a small one and will take more than a week to have everything running smoothly (the way we would like).

Let us find our feet, not only here at XOOPS but at the WF-Section website.

No, I am not the same Liquid that registered here two years ago, hence the reason why I choose ‘wfsection’ as a nick name instead.

As for the flow of information regarding the WF series of modules, we will keep you informed as much as possible in the future with all areas of development.

Liquid
WF-Section Webmaster

tl
  • 2004/6/12 12:54

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Wfsection:
Could you or someone please explain to me and other members of this community what Catzwolf's involvement will be with the wfsections web and modules development?
I think many other members of the community including myself are in the dark as what is happening at your end. A clarification will surely help all of us. Thank you.
tl

comegona
  • 2004/6/12 14:33

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/9

Any word on the upgrade script?

Bender
  • 2004/6/12 18:03

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

tl wrote:
Wfsection:
Could you or someone please explain to me and other members of this community what Catzwolf's involvement will be with the wfsections web and modules development?
I think many other members of the community including myself are in the dark as what is happening at your end. A clarification will surely help all of us. Thank you.
tl

This has been answered now.

Catzwolf will no longer take an active role in the development of any of the WF modules. His fine work will continue, but with myself(edit: Liquid) and another developer.

For the full reply head over to wf-section website. click here

I think it makes sense to continue the discussion there for now.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits