ladon
Re: Regarding The New WF-Sections and WF-FAQ
  • 2004/4/18 21:29

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

Might not be such a bad idea indeed and I would be honored if it includes my hacks. But I'm not sure what Catzwolf would think about this.

{edit]
Btw JackJ, I only renamed the module to zmagazine to allow xoopsers to take a look at my hacks without having to de-install the original WF-Section which is needed beacause i made changes in de databasa tables.
{/edit]

Catzwolf
  • 2004/4/18 21:48

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok, I think I better set thing straight here and start answering the questions that have arisin in these forums regarding WF-Sections.

@Ladon: Everything that you have added to your version is already in this new version and much much more.

I would rather no one else forked the code, because you are all working on obsolete code now and when it comes to others upgrading they wont be able to. I just do not have the time to support these forks, Sorry.

I know everyone wants to see this new version out ASP and I am trying my best to, I have now actually handed over some of my modules to other developers to take the work load off myself and I also have my work to content with. Anyway bleeding heart story over with.

I would like to give you all a list of the additions and changes etc etc, but the list would take me all night to write, ok a few hours maybe lol But it would be easier to say whats not changed.

Tell you what, I am close to having this alpha/beta finished and I am going to put it on the WF-Section website (admin and all) for everyone to have a look at and you can judge for yourselfs how close I am to a release

ATB

Catz

ladon
  • 2004/4/18 22:18

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

You've got a strong point there. We all know how hard you're working on the next version. Obviously WF-Section is one of the most important parts of Xoops, even whilst it isn't even a core module (yet). Therefore everybody awaits the new version eagerly. Unfortunately promisses on release dates don't seem to work in the OS community (which makes perfect sense when the work is mostly done in spare time) and some people get tired of waiting. Because of that some people will continue requesting changes and asking people to hurry up. Even though I made some hacks and released it as well, knowing these changes would most likely be found in the next version, I do think that you are right about us having te be a bit more patient and not making it harder for others to upgrade once the new version has arived

I'm going to check out the version running @ the WF-Section website. I'm more curious then ever atm.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits