CBlue
Re: Admin Menu Issues

Okay, make sure you have the same exact url (with the www) as you have in the post above in your mainfile.php where it shows your XOOPS directory path.

You then login with the username and password that you gave when you installed xoops. The admin one, not the database one.

Then go to the admin area by clicking on the administration menu link in your user menu.

Click on the icon that says system and you will see the choices you have to install modules, set up blocks, work with the groups, where you make sure that webmasters group has every single box checked so that you are able to work with and access everything on your site.

bigongst
  • 2004/1/12 4:35

• bigongst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/11

In makefile.php I need to have that URL for the virtual path, right?

bigongst
  • 2004/1/12 4:40

• bigongst

• Just popping in

Another issue might be that I have my database username and password the same as my Administrator's?

Bassman
  • 2004/1/12 5:07

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Well, when I accesshttp://www.bigongst.com/XooPs/html/ i get a XOOPS login page? or is that just me?

bigongst
  • 2004/1/12 5:11

• bigongst

• Just popping in

i get that too But, shouldn't there be some content? Plus, I can't see images or edit anything or get the menu when using Mozilla. And when I use IE, Some images (the login under the pw box and the w/e you hover over to get the menu) don't show at all

bigongst
  • 2004/1/12 5:56

• bigongst

• Just popping in

As I'm going through and seeing more and more of Xoops, I'm noticing that it's not all of my pictures that won't display. I can see, the banners, install/info, smilies, and that's about it. Is something chmoded wrong?

Bassman
  • 2004/1/12 9:01

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

I hope you don't mind, but I registered :o)

I see what you mean, the "Login" image is missing. Perhaps you could double-check that all the files and folders were FTP'd correctly, it wouldn't be the first time that some were missed.

Oh, and with the content, that won't appear in a lot of cases until you get into the System area of your admin section and install some modules.

bigongst
  • 2004/1/13 20:41

• bigongst

• Just popping in

Alright, while looing through the code and trying to brainstorm ideas on how to solve my issue, I thought of really only one thing. The images that don't show up are all png's. So, maybe if I converted them to gif's, my problems (as far as the images that don't display) would be solved. All I'd need to know after that is what file to edit the filenames in. Thanks in advance!:)

Bassman
  • 2004/1/13 22:16

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

I'm not sure that's it, as i'm not seeing some images either and .png's usually show on my comp.

Usually the best way to see where an image is located (directory etc) is to right-click on the "X" (or placeholder) and select Properties.

Bassman
  • 2004/1/13 22:20

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Actually, if I log in and select the videoscoop theme, everything is there.... so maybe it is a .png issue for you and your browser.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits