karoy
Re: xoops disappeared after changing theme!
  • 2004/1/8 20:45

• karoy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/7 1

I've done all you suggest but nothing happens. I've even deleted the themes folder and put it back again and the same blank screen appears.

Is there any way of re-installing XOOPS but keeping the data the same?

DonXoop

Just someting else, the root of the URL you gave has a temp notice up. Any chance that the mainfile.php file is not correct? Something else change besides the theme?

Someone more familiar with 1.3 might help. Make sure that MySQL is working (stand alone phpadmin maybe) with all the right data that mainfile.php is using.

You should be able to make a fresh copy of the files and with the correct mainfile.php settings it should connect. backup and try it.

karoy
  • 2004/1/8 21:33

• karoy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/7 1

Everything is configured correctly - I use /xoops by default as thats the way it was set up originally.

php works ok - and my host don't have a clue.

I've been working on this for days and am feeling like just making a normal site. I get the feeling it is not connected to the theme, although it happened when I changed from one theme to another. I have now change config.php to the default theme but still nothing. All my data is still there but I cannot see it.

Does anyone know anyone who can shed some light on this. Is it worth emailing the creator? I'm happy to give ftp access to my account to the right person who might be able to check it all and fix it!

Thanks for your help so far

Roy

Goin' Pub..

CBlue

You have to have a xoops_config table. You need to look in your XOOPS database and see if it's there. If it's not, then you need to create it using a backup of the table if you ever backed up your database.

jlm69
  • 2004/1/9 0:09

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

First you should tell the version you are using in your first post.
Most people are using version 2 now.
If you created a templates_c folder delete it that is for version 2.0.x
Also do you have a backup of the working database?
If not that should be the first thing you do when this is fixed.

O.K. now try going into your database and find the user table (yourxoopsprefix_user) then look for the name of the theme in quotations 'redstar' or whatever you changed it to, and change it back to 'bluely' you may have to do it to all your users. (easy with the replace option in your text editor) not sure if there is somewhere else that might have an area to change the default theme in the database, I didn't see any with a quick look through.

Someone else that remembers version 1.3.x might have more info.

The above procedure might work. If not

Maybe time to upgrade to 2.0.5.2

I just upgraded my last 1.3.x site to 2.0.5.2 and it went smooth. But post here before an upgrade.

Again most people answering your post are thinking of version 2 so don't create any new folders or files.

The problem is most likely the theme.

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits