DonXoop
Re: Starting to fall apart before I go live....

Quote:

talunceford wrote:
NM

I see that. Maybe you're not running MySQL 4.x or someting else is different. For sure it caused db grief on mine.

DonXoop

Arrrgggh! The problem is back (partially). This time it was the Downloads module. The install routine hung for a long time and when I finally stopped the browser I could see that the module was installed but it appeared above the System module. The module seemed to work. But has now been removed.

However, the comments approval process is now partially broken. Most approval attempts return the dreaded "ERROR: requested index [] out of bounds" errors or a blank screen. Comments from News can be approved if I do it a specific way otherwise it errors out. Comments by anonymous users in xoopsgallery returns the ERROR: requested index [] out of bounds [4] error. Trying to approve in Admin returns a blank screen.

I can live without downloads but comments are needed. It works if I set auto approve but that won't do for anon users of course.

A classifieds module would be nice but the MyAds module spits tons of errors. I only mention that module in case the problem is related. I hope I don't have to reinstall again...

CBlue

Poor DonXoop! I use the Myads module on one of my sites and haven't experienced any problems with it.

Were you just installing the regular mydownloads module that comes with XOOPS or were you installing a third party downloads module?

DonXoop

Thanks for replying. Yes it was the mydownloads module. Like I said it worked fine after I cancelled the initial install that appeared to just hang on a blank screen. I should have waited longer. But it did work although having it sit above the System module had me worried.

There is something amiss in the Admin area since that module install. The comments approval process is a mess. I don't know if I can find a problem in the db or where to look. Lots of tables.

As a side, when enabling MySQL debug I get the usual information but when I hit a problem screen I don't get a debug update. So I don't get any help from debug, the problem happens before debug can tell anything useful.

The problem seems to be in the db but doesn't seem to be a MySQL problem itself. Something happened on the way to the db. zlib.compression in PHP? I don't know what to look for yet unless I stumble on obvoius corruption.

DonXoop

Quote:

CBlue wrote:
Poor DonXoop! I use the Myads module on one of my sites and haven't experienced any problems with it.

Are you using the MyAds from the JP download site? When I go into the Module config I get a screen load of code (php, template etc.) then the config section. trying to create a category I get a screen of output then blank. Seems to be language related? The module is supposed to work with globals=off.

This would be a useful module for my needs.

CBlue

Can you just try uninstalling the mydownloads module and then reinstalling it again?

To put your system icon back to the top after installing new modules, just go to your groups admin and update each group.

DonXoop

I did that and it indeed placed mydownloads in the right place. But the comments approval is still screwed.

I had been making a copy of the db between each module install which saved me when I found a module that wasn't happy. This time I didn't make a copy since I thought it was a basic module and I never had trouble with it before. It isn't the downloads module that is a problem I don't think, something else happened.

poor poor me

DonXoop

The one thing you can see without being Admin is to post a comment to the Gallery (Fotos). The comment goes into the pending queue but the user ends up at an "ERROR: requested index [] out of bounds" error. Then any attempts to admin the pending comment except Delete returns blank screens.

Comments to other areas seem fine to the user. The Admin is wonky though. This should be clue as to where to look for a solution.

Poor DonX site... (here come the hits....)

CBlue

I'm using the one from this site:

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=458

CBlue

I can't help you with the admin part of comments. I have mine set to approve all comments automatically by registered users and anonymous users aren't allowed to comment.

I've never had to deal with approving comments.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits