DonXoop
Re: Xoops Support

Quote:

vB3Dev wrote:
Yeah, that must be it. never mind any valid points and bugs I point out. Criticising has become anathema in the world of "politically correct"

Geeee wiz. You are right, that must be it.
Max

Oh that is rich. Rarely been accused of being political or correct and never in the same sentence.....

Oh that was a good one. At least I'm keeping the pointless crud in one thread so it doesn't pollute the rest of space.

DonXoop

Quote:

Stewdio wrote:
No need to get angry.

The one and only, the Max. So enlightened and sure about things.

Max we don't care what planet or dimension you claim to be from or what you believe in or don't. Doesn't make a difference in code. In source. In Open Source. It is what you put out there right here. That sucks. The rest of it sucks too but it doesn't concern this project in the least.

Add it up, it equals a fraud.

DonXoop

Quote:

vB3Dev wrote:
When the devs themselves don't know what their own mods do and put out mods they recommend I use only to find out that 3 months after the mod has been released has bany bugs and does not in fact do or work as it was sugested it does, you're damn right I will complain.

Max

Um, I don't think so. Sorry it didn't work out for you. bye bye.

He must be keeping that keyboard hot with a manifesto of a reply. Oh please, don't, my brain will hurt if you do....

DaleR
  • 2003/12/5 7:03

• DaleR

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/5

I registered just to pass on this link. Most who use open source software are well aware of the sentiments expressed in the article.

http://www.arachnoid.com/freeware/index.html

I'll be lurking around the forums while I check XOOPS out.

Mithrandir

Quote:

vB3Dev wrote:
When the devs themselves don't know what their own mods do and put out mods they recommend I use only to find out that 3 months after the mod has been released has bany bugs and does not in fact do or work as it was sugested it does, you're damn right I will complain.

Max

When XOOPS itself or modules don't look the way you want it or doesn't function exactly how you want it, it is not necessarily a bug.

The reason why you are not getting the replies you desire as fast as you want it might be because you appear as an obnoxious child, who just cannot get his head around how the world works. And I am not talking about the "anarchy open source" but the fact that we are some people doing modules, some people working on the core and if you want a module, you can request it, suggest it or pay for it - but you cannot demand it.
Likewise with features in the core.

When I read your posts, I think more and more of a hitch-hiker, who is not only annoyed with the quality of lorry seats and complains about the driver smoking but also demands to be transported in at least an Audi.
You may hold a sign stating your destination and that you'll pay $100 for a ride, but that doesn't mean that people, who have seen you throw rocks at the cars, which wouldn't pick you up, will pick you up.

Enjoy the ride

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits