tjnemez
Re: xcGallery help
  • 2003/11/11 5:28

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

thanks for you reply Derya. i am presently using netpbm on my site with xoopsgallery (gallery v 1.3.3.2) its working fine. this is the message i get with xcGal when i try to upload a jpeg:
/netpbm/jpegtopnm 'albums/userpics/10001/1065324287.jpeg' | pnmscale -xsize=137 -ysize=160 | pnmtojpeg -quality=80 > 'albums/userpics/10001/thumb_1066300480.jpeg'
The picture 'albums/userpics/10001/1065324287.jpeg' can't be inserted in the album. Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

yes same server. my server may have made changes since i used coppermine. thanks for the info on that. my host does remove directories for me, but maybe i should be looking for a new host.

cheers,
www.mindhealth.ca

gstarrett
  • 2003/11/11 6:34

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

Quote:
this is the message i get with xcGal when i try to upload a jpeg:
/netpbm/jpegtopnm 'albums/userpics/10001/1065324287.jpeg' | pnmscale -xsize=137 -ysize=160 | pnmtojpeg -quality=80 > 'albums/userpics/10001/thumb_1066300480.jpeg'
The picture 'albums/userpics/10001/1065324287.jpeg' can't be inserted in the album. Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

I know XoopsGallery uses the full pathnames to the source, destination, and netpbm files every time it executes. Makes for looonnngggg exec strings, but I think that might be a key difference here.

Do you have shell access? Try changing the paths in the command above to the full path and run it--that will let you know if there was something more than a path problem.

Sample command from XoopsGallery (modifying a thumbnail, so it's cropping here):
/usr/bin/jpegtopnm /home/gstarret/www/xoops2/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/2003-08-kindergarten/20030811_083800.jpg | /usr/bin/pnmcut 348 696 1106 1482 | /usr/bin/ppmtojpeg --quality=95 > /home/gstarret/www/xoops2/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/2003-08-kindergarten/20030811_083800.thumb.jpg

Derya
  • 2003/11/11 11:28

• Derya

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/12

@tjnemez:
is /netpbm the fullpath to your netpbm? You need to enter the fullpath, not the relative. If it doesn't work with the fullpath try this:
open picmgmt.in.php in an editor.
Replace line 183-201:
case GIS_GIF:

$op_in   'giftopnm';

$op_out 'ppmtogif';

$cmd "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | ppmquant 255 | {$op_out} > $im_dest_file";
    break;

case 
GIS_JPG:

$op_in   'jpegtopnm';

$op_out 'pnmtojpeg';

$op_out2 'ppmtojpeg';

$cmd "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | {$op_out} -quality={$xoopsModuleConfig['jpeg_qual']} > $im_dest_file";

$cmd2 "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | {$op_out2} -quality={$xoopsModuleConfig['jpeg_qual']} > $im_dest_file";
        break;

case 
GIS_PNG:

$op_in   'pngtopnm';

$op_out 'pnmtopng';

$cmd "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | {$op_out} > $im_dest_file";
    break;

with:
case GIS_GIF:

$op_in   'giftopnm';

$op_out 'ppmtogif';

$cmd "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}ppmquant 255 | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_out} > $im_dest_file";
    break;

case 
GIS_JPG:

$op_in   'jpegtopnm';

$op_out 'pnmtojpeg';

$op_out2 'ppmtojpeg';

$cmd "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_out} -quality={$xoopsModuleConfig['jpeg_qual']} > $im_dest_file";

$cmd2 "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_out2} -quality={$xoopsModuleConfig['jpeg_qual']} > $im_dest_file";
        break;

case 
GIS_PNG:

$op_in   'pngtopnm';

$op_out 'pnmtopng';

$cmd "{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_in} $src_file | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}pnmscale -xsize={$destWidth} -ysize={$destHeight} | {$xoopsModuleConfig['impath']}{$op_out} > $im_dest_file";
    break;

(newbb wraps the lines so be careful)

@svaha:
xcGallery uses a selfdefined $PHP_SELF varible. it' s defined in the init.inc.php line 73
$PHP_SELF = isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL']) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL'] : $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'];

Maybe this $HTTP_SERVER_VARS are off in your php configration, please look into your phpinfo.
But, thanx reporting this, i will change it for the next release.

tjnemez
  • 2003/11/11 14:17

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

that did it. i still get messages above the db reply "your picture successfully added", not sure if that should be there, but it seems to be working. i will test it all out now.
update: ok that worked once, but now same message again "can't insert, can't resize thumbnail...

thank you very much Derya, its persons like you who make XOOPS what it is.

cheers,
www.mindhealth.ca

Derya
  • 2003/11/11 14:41

• Derya

• Module Developer

Ok...i think this error belongs to the filetypes.
Please, can you try it with gif, png and jpg and tell me with which of them you get an error.
And check if you have all needed files for netpbm installed, e.g libpng, zlib...this belongs to your netpbm binary distribution.

tjnemez
  • 2003/11/11 14:50

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

ok gif works, but jpeg and png do not work

i think netpbm is ok because it works with xoopsgallery fine.

Derya
  • 2003/11/11 16:45

• Derya

• Module Developer

Hi tjnemez,

I have sent an email with the picmgmt.inc.php to you. Please, can you try it (replace the old file).

thx
derya

tjnemez
  • 2003/11/11 16:54

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

hey Derya,

great work, seems to work fine. i will keep testing.

again, thanks very much

cheers,
www.mindhealth.ca

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/11 18:27

• Anonymous

• Since:

couple of bugs in the ecard module:

1. "\" is getting inserted before "'" in the html mode on the ecard.

2. The from email address appears like this:

"The Nautis Project"@modwest.com

instead of like this:

admin@nautis.com

cheers!

nautis

Derya
  • 2003/11/11 21:56

• Derya

• Module Developer

@nautis:
thx, reporting this. I have reproduced this errors, so i will try to fix them, now.

@tjnemez:
Nice to hear that netpbm works

Ok, i have somethings to fix, now, and other things are already fixed. Maybe we can release an update version on saturday/sunday.

thx
derya

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits