Dave_L
Re: I need Notification Options Help
  • 2004/3/18 8:33

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Thanks for posting this.

I just ran into the problem myself while doing testing on my Win2K PC, and found this thread by searching for "notifications".

I noticed that $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] is used in several other files, so I added the following to the bottom of mainfile.php:

$_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];

I chose that file since it's a common include-file, and it needs to be customized for each installation anyway.

andrewum
  • 2004/4/28 1:47

• andrewum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

I am very new to xoops. But have been playing with it. I made the change since my Notifications were not appearing either. I was relieved to see that they finally did appear. However when trying to update my notifications, I click update and then I get an error page reading "Not Found: The requested URL /modules/newbb/php4.cgi was not found on this server." As far as I can tell it does update my settings, but this error page looks very bad. Any help would be great!

EDIT: When I ran the phpinfo() for my site, it looks like SCRIPT_NAME is the appropriate place to find the php4.cgi. But when I put this into the notificationSubscribableCategoryInfo block like this forum suggests, the block doesn't appear.

Also, this problem only seems to be occuring when choosing options from the Block Style...I'm so lost!

Dave_L
  • 2004/4/28 2:09

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Did you try the change I suggested above to mainfile.php?

andrewum
  • 2004/4/30 5:34

• andrewum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

I just did! It worked, thanks!

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits