carlos1426
Home link with Mastop page
  • 2007/3/28 12:03

• carlos1426

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

Hi.

Anyone know how to link a content made with Mastop Publish with the home page?.

I've configured mastop's options to display "Home" in menu. It is automatically linked with my root url (in local:http://localhost/xoops). I need to link with a mastop's page to display this one every time a user goes to site's main page.

If I configure xoops's option to use Mastop module at beginning of xoops, I obtain "¡Page not found!" error.

Thank you in advance

topet05
Re: Home link with Mastop page
  • 2007/3/28 14:39

• topet05

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/19

Hi!
In the version 1.1 you will can set a Mastop Publish's page for Home of your site in preferences of the module.
Other things that will be done in version 1.1 (we will release in next month):

- You can set a "author" for each page.
- In the preferences, you can allow the authors to edit your own pages, delete and create subpages inside your pages.
- Add "My Pages" button, for the authors manage your own pages.
- Add new block "Related Pages Menu".
- You can put a external link on the menu.
- You can set the background of your editor to white.

We accept suggestions to create new resources for the module, please send by the "Feedback" area of the module (footer of admin area).

Sorry for the bad english

Regards

carlos1426
  • 2007/3/28 15:19

• carlos1426

• Just popping in

Thank you topet05.

First of all, you did a great great job with Mastop Publish. Thank you very much.

Don't worry for your English, mine is not good enough (if you prefer, perhaps we can write Spanish )

I's sound very good the v1.1 enhancements, but I need to solve this issue just now.

In the mid time, can you send me a little hack to set a Mastop Publish's page for Home of my site in preferences of the module? or instructions to do it?.

If it is no possible, perhaps you know some module than can do it. Can do XT-Conteudo set a page as Home page?.

Carlos.

topet05
  • 2007/3/28 17:15

• topet05

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/19

Hi carlos!
To choose a Mastop Publish's Content to work in your Home:
- Go to Mastop Publish admin and get the page ID of the main page (first column in content management).

Open mastop_publish/index.php

Look for this:
$tac = (isset($_GET['tac'])) ? $_GET['tac'] : 0;

Change for it:
$tac = (isset($_GET['tac'])) ? $_GET['tac'] : [b][color=FF0000]{YOUR_PAGE_ID}[/color][/b];

{YOUR_PAGE_ID} is the number that you get for Home.

I hope you can understand

carlos1426
  • 2007/3/28 18:03

• carlos1426

• Just popping in

¡Great!

Thank you very much.

Carlos.

PD. I'd left a message in mastop's forwards about an issue with the text box's length in iFrame URL: it only allow 50 characters, but in DB the field is varchar(100).

carlos1426
  • 2007/3/28 19:49

• carlos1426

• Just popping in

Hi Topet05!

¡Sorry for my insistence!.

I've estrange problem:

I local host your solution ($tac = (isset($_GET['tac'])) ? $_GET['tac'] : {YOUR_PAGE_ID};) works fine, but when I try to do the same on my remote server, it no works.

First I create the new content, I assign the html file; it uploads without problem, and I take note of the new ID.

I change index.php as you said me.

¡Nothing happen!, but the estrange thing is that if I write the complete url (copa6clubes.com/modules/mastop_publish/?tac=16), ¡¡¡it works!!! (as you can see, 16 is the ID I want to link as "Home page").

Can you help me?.

Thank you in advance.

carlos1426
  • 2007/3/28 23:43

• carlos1426

• Just popping in

I'm a nerd

I'd forgot to set up the initial module in preferences.

But... anyway, if I turn off debugging option it no works. Only works fine when debug is on!!

regards

goodwrench1

Quote:

PD. I'd left a message in mastop's forwards about an issue with the text box's length in iFrame URL: it only allow 50 characters, but in DB the field is varchar(100).

Please post their response, I've been trying to increase the text space all day! I know there are a couple of other people trying to do the same.

Thanks

goodwrench1

I figured out how to change the Iframe URL Text space field for more characters.

in file mastop_publish/include/mpb.form.inc.php line 293
Quote:

$mpb_tray_conteudo->addElement(new XoopsFormText(MPU_ADM_MPB_FRAME_URL, 'mpb_30_arquivo_frame', 30, 50, ((substr($mpu_classe->getVar("mpb_30_arquivo"), 0, 4) == 'http') ? $mpu_classe->getVar("mpb_30_arquivo") : '')));

change to

Quote:

$mpb_tray_conteudo->addElement(new XoopsFormText(MPU_ADM_MPB_FRAME_URL, 'mpb_30_arquivo_frame', 30, 100, ((substr($mpu_classe->getVar("mpb_30_arquivo"), 0, 4) == 'http') ? $mpu_classe->getVar("mpb_30_arquivo") : '')));

carlos1426
  • 2007/3/29 10:40

• carlos1426

• Just popping in

Thank you goodwrench1. It works...

But... Definitively there is something estrange.

I'd changed the $tac to the page ID I wanted as main page.

All works fine if I have turn the debugger on. If I turn the debug option off, I obtain a blank page (and as the debugger is off, I don't know what's happen).

Can anyone help me?.

Another question:
I'm using formulize module to have a players list. Is it possible to show a formulize's page from mastop?.

It can be viewed a formulize's form, from its url
http://muyite.com/modules/formulize/index.php?fid=2

I'd tried the last with iFrame, but I obtain whole page, including header, menus, etc.

Thank you in advance

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits