maxima
Experimental WYSIWYG implementation problems v2.0.15
  • 2006/8/30 0:41

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

I have followed the instructions of the readme in the latest release which has an 'experimental WYSIWYG', and yet nothing happens.
Quote:
Experimental WYSIWYG support

This version contains an experimental patch that allows the use of 3rd party WYSIWYG editors to replace the old
"DHTML" one. Due to a lack of extended testing, this functionality has been disabled by default and requires that
you modify one file manually to configure it.

To enable it:
- Edit the file class/xoopsform/formdhtmltextarea.php
- Change the "htmlEditor" line, specifying the location of the editor you want to use.
An example would be: var $htmlEditor = array( 'XoopsFormTinyeditorTextArea', '/class/xoopseditor/tinyeditor/formtinyeditortextarea.php' );

To disable it:
- Change the "htmlEditor" line back to its default value:
var $htmlEditor = array();

There must be something missing from this instruction! I uploaded Spaw, FCKEditor and TinyMCE and pointed to their executable file and I still see the DHTML editor. This is what I have:
Quote:
var $htmlEditor = array('XoopsFormSpawTextArea', '/class/spaw/formspaw.php');

I also see this in the file to be edited:

Quote:
* array( 'className', 'classPath' ): To create an instance of "className", declared in the file XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . $classPath

Where do I create the className?
What else is required to make this work?

maxima
Re: Experimental WYSIWYG implementation problems v2.0.15
  • 2006/8/30 15:35

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

So is there anything I can do to get this to work??

maxima
  • 2006/8/31 14:38

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Still seeking help on this issue

McDonald
  • 2006/8/31 15:47

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

The editors you're trying to use are not XOOPS compatible.
Try to install tinyeditor 1.00 beta (=TinyMCE for Xoops) and point to the file as in the given example.
Please, let us know if this works.

Bender
  • 2006/8/31 15:58

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Doesn´t work for me with tiny 1 beta.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

maxima
  • 2006/8/31 17:58

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Ok. It seems to work only with the TinyEditor 1.00beta but I have been using Spaw with News1.44 so I figured it was compatible with Xoops. Likewise FCK editor and Koivi works with NewBB2.02. So the line in the Readme file is invalid?
Quote:
To enable it:
- Edit the file class/xoopsform/formdhtmltextarea.php
- Change the "htmlEditor" line, specifying the location of the editor you want to use.

I prefer Spaw to TinyEditor for it's ability to visually display the images in the uploads folder and also supports image upload. Is there a plugin for TinyEditor to support image upload?

McDonald
  • 2006/8/31 18:23

• McDonald

• Home away from home

@Bender,

Don't forget to copy the class-folder that comes with tineyeditor 1.00 beta to the XOOPS class-folder.

@Maxima,

I'm using tinyeditor for a couple of weeks now and it works very well.
One of the great advantages of tinyeditor is that you can configure the taskbars for each user group and the aility to use plugins.
With tinyeditor you can use the standard XOOPS ImageManager or the plugin iManager (see here for a demo) which is an even more advanced image manager. With both you can upload images.
You can download tinyeditor and the plugins here.

maxima
  • 2006/8/31 21:08

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

McDonald thanks for the guide, however, I just spent 3hrs trying to get the plugins to do something and it's just not happening.

I have uploaded the imanager to tinyeditor/editor/plugins and I still don't see any connections to the XOOPS image manager nor do I see an upload button. I don't see anything like the demo you linked. I don't see any button to enable it.

When I try to execute the Toolsets during configuration nothing happens. For the Inbetween editor I see a list of plugins that I can choose from and when I click the toolset I see an array of check boxes but nothing of that for tinyeditor. What's wrong with this? Are you using XOOPS 2.0.15?

McDonald
  • 2006/8/31 21:31

• McDonald

• Home away from home

The upload feature is disabled in the demo, but you'll find it normally in Insert Image under the preview part.

After installing the plugin iManager from dev.xoops.org you have to apply the patch (you have to download seperately, tinyeditor is still beta).
If you go to toolsets you'll see the iManager icon (see Online Help).
Click it to add it to the toolbar.
You might have to set the correct permissions.
In the preferences you have to set the upload folder for iManager.

On my production website I use XOOPS 2.2.4 and have XOOPS 2.0.15 running on my laptop.

maxima
  • 2006/8/31 23:00

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

Talk about frustrating!! I have spent so many hours on this and still nothing!!

I have installed every patch and every plugin and pretty much everthing available for TinyEditor and still can't get the #OOPS# image manager to display!

The patch for imanager, ibrowser says it fixes a bug that creates 'weird' directories in uploads.
Quote:
This patch fixes a bug within ibrowser, imanager and xrmanager which generated weird user-directories. If there are already those weird directories in your uploads directory, simply delete them. These directories will be created anew if you use the plugins.

I am not getting 'weird' directories. I just don't see anything when I try to use toolset. I see nothing to enable or disable plugins.

Does this have to do with my version of PHP (4.3)?

Do I need to run XOOPS 2.2.4 to be able to use this?
Am I the only one having this problem?

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits