mboyden
Re: Several problems after install on server.
  • 2009/5/7 21:11

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Well, it's a little bit of a shot in the dark, I'm afraid as there are so many possibilities unless it gets narrowed down a little bit.

I might suggest (re-)starting with just the basic XOOPS install and make sure that's operational with one of the two standard themes (default and/or zetagenesis). Then try each individual module one at a time before moving to the next. This helps you to narrow down the issues and potential conflicts.

You may want to peruse the documentation I wrote on upgrading an institutionalized XOOPS site to XOOPS 2.3.x (including WYSIWYG editors, and especially with FCKeditor which is what I have standardized on -- my update for FCKeditor 2.6.3).

Finally, you need to see if you are running phpsuexec, or better, suphp. Each of these requires specific settings for folders, but provides better security than a server without such (not to mention administration hassles). But, they require specific permissions, and it's usually 755 for directories and 644 for files. 777 for a directory and 655 for files may be needed if not using suexec or suphp since the webserver is likely running under the nobody account requiring group acess. Some of the files that I've downloaded and installed aren't set correctly for the server; you'll have to determine with your hosting provider what it should be.

Finally, as to Frameworks, yes, you need to do what was suggested by sailjapan. Essentially, you load the Frameworks versions in order and then "top it off" with the files included in the XOOPS 2.3.x release. So far, that has worked for me including the modules that utilize the Frameworks framework.

Also, make sure you have debugging turned on.

FWIW, I've got XOOPS 2.3.3 running on several sites with: XoopsEditors, Frameworks, SmartObjects, WF-Resource, ThAdmin, SmartProfile, xoRewrite, Protector, AltSys, XoopsCare, XoopsInfo, Backup/Restore, Waiting Contents, iStats, iSearch, MultiMenu, SmartSection, WF-Channel, Article, News, CBB, Jobs, Liaise, piCal, SmartFAQs, Social Bookmarks, Subscriptions, WebLinks, wfDownloads, xosCommerce, xcGallery, xfGuestBook, xDonations, and a few miscellaneous ones. I'll admit that some of them have required a little effort to make work beautifully. I keep notes on all of these modules on my site and post most everything here on X.o as well.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits