mauricio
Re: Show us the $$$....!
  • 2007/12/13 19:31

• mauricio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

Support XOOPS at sourceforge is not a right but a privilegy.

I'm talking about remove the privilegy of impresscms team from the XOOPS project at sourceforge.

what the community think about it? and what phppp think about it? And I don't want to know the impresscms team opinion.

The impresscms team:

ANDREWVINCENT
DAVE LERNER
FÉLIX
Giba
JAMES MORRIS
JULIAN EGELSTAFF
KONRAD LUTKIEWICZ
MARC-ANDRE LANCIAULT
MARK BOYDEN
MARKO SCHMUCK
MICHAL SZYDA
STEVE KENOW
SUDHAKER RAJ
THERPLIMA
VAUGHAN
DEBIANUS
NEKRO
SAGANXIS
WTRAVEL
XOOPS-MAGAZINE

rplima2004
  • 2007/12/13 19:37

• rplima2004

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/8

Please Mauricio, show me where it says that forbidden to support more than one project in the open source world or in XOOPS in particular. If I am breaking some rule please, withdraw me to the project.

mauricio
  • 2007/12/13 19:41

• mauricio

• Just popping in

I don't want to know the impresscms team opinion.

Quote:

I'm talking about remove the privilegy of impresscms team from the XOOPS project at sourceforge.

what the community think about it? and what phppp think about it?

ANDREWVINCENT
DAVE LERNER
FÉLIX
Giba
JAMES MORRIS
JULIAN EGELSTAFF
KONRAD LUTKIEWICZ
MARC-ANDRE LANCIAULT
MARK BOYDEN
MARKO SCHMUCK
MICHAL SZYDA
STEVE KENOW
SUDHAKER RAJ
---->>> THERPLIMA
VAUGHAN
DEBIANUS
NEKRO
SAGANXIS
WTRAVEL
XOOPS-MAGAZINE

BlueStocking

by mauricio on 2007/12/13 19:31:24

Mauricio,
Some of those names were put there without the persons knowledge, others were added in Dec. before they had any idea of the ramifications of their actions.

I believe those who wish to remain connected with XOOPS (they have a big stake in it, and have put much of their blood sweat and tears into xoops) should be allowed to remain with XOOPS projects. IF THEY WERE NOT or CEASE TO BE A PART OF any project that borders on ANY ORGANIZED BACKROOM EFFORT to do XOOPS damage in any way.

This is my humble opinion...

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

mauricio
  • 2007/12/13 19:45

• mauricio

• Just popping in

Quote:

Some of those names were put there without the persons knowledge

I don't believe.

The updated list:
http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=205633

Project Admins :
andrewvincentProject Admin,
malanciaultProject AdminAccepting Donations,
real_therplimaProject AdminAccepting Donations,
wtravelProject Admin

Developers : 20

ANDREWVINCENT
DAVE LERNER
FÉLIX
Giba
JAMES MORRIS
JULIAN EGELSTAFF
KONRAD LUTKIEWICZ
MARC-ANDRE LANCIAULT
MARK BOYDEN
MARKO SCHMUCK
MICHAL SZYDA
STEVE KENOW
SUDHAKER RAJ
THERPLIMA
VAUGHAN
DEBIANUS
NEKRO
SAGANXIS
WTRAVEL
XOOPS-MAGAZINE

what the community think about it? and what phppp think about it? I don't want to know the impresscms team opinion.

Bender
  • 2007/12/13 19:53

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

@Mauricio:

Could it be that you simply want to hurt people by banning them? That would serve no purpose ...
Some of those moved to impress do have customers with XOOPS websites which might not be so jumpy to instantly or at all change to impress. So you would actually loose some people that even now might work on both paths.

Or do you actually believe any of the people on the list you posted would do (what exactly?) by being a member of the XOOPS sf.net project?

As far as being a privilidge goes ... that privilidge as you name it was most likely earned by spending a lot of time in developing modules and supporting users here.

So ... i really think this suggestion is not such a good idea. Try viewing it from the perspective that those who remain here seem to have a common understanding about the way they want things to be and same goes for those that head for impress. Then there will be the wanderers between the worlds. And: They don´t harm you. :)

@Marco and all who say this project should not have anything alike the foundation at all: i would be with mamba on that topic of legal parts. I think its easy to dismiss as long as its not your own name being responsible. You could say this for XOOPS or any other project of this size, smaller or larger. What would happen if someone sues because of something written on the forum? These days there are lawyers just making their dayjob by scanning the internet for possible reasons to sue someone - its quick and easy earned money. Now assuming its still Ono owning the domain and there being no foundation or any other form of legal representation it would actually be quite ironic if he would be punished for allowing all of us to continue using this place for years after he left under the known circumstances.
Would it be right for him to be the person to pay the bill for any kind of thing happening here? No i don´t think so. Again - not XOOPS specific - but any project like this should have something for legal representation and protect people simply trying to do something good.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

BlueStocking

@Mauricio: RE: names on list not put there by themselves.
Herko apparently,
and Madfish stated such on this thread.

I will take him (MadFish) at his word. His name on the list stood out to me as a direct conflict of interest with his position as one leader of the DPT.

There may have been others and even if not, the addition of any members to leave the impression they accepted and joined the project when they had not leaves those who came aboard later having done so with faulty information.

When you see the three Foundation members on board, or understand from their conversations they support this as an alternative to xoops, then those who crossed the legal line also misled others, who did not cross the legal line but the moral and ethical one.

This mistake can be remedied with the replacement of the Foundation Board members and a fresh approach toward a better XOOPS governance.

Again, only my opinion.

BS

mauricio
  • 2007/12/13 20:05

• mauricio

• Just popping in

Quote:

@Mauricio:

Could it be that you simply want to hurt people by banning them?

@bender: but removing privileges/titles don't hurt people.
or I'm wrong? they really need 'titles' in more than one project at sourceforge?

@bluestoking: is so easy confirm with each one about it before the remotion of privileges....

------------------------------------------------

what the community think about it? and what phppp think about it? And I don't want to know the impresscms team opinion.

------------------------------------------------

The impresscms team:

ANDREWVINCENT
DAVE LERNER
FÉLIX
Giba
JAMES MORRIS
JULIAN EGELSTAFF
KONRAD LUTKIEWICZ
MARC-ANDRE LANCIAULT
MARK BOYDEN
MARKO SCHMUCK
MICHAL SZYDA
STEVE KENOW
SUDHAKER RAJ
THERPLIMA
VAUGHAN
DEBIANUS
NEKRO
SAGANXIS
WTRAVEL
XOOPS-MAGAZINE

Bender
  • 2007/12/13 20:19

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Mauricio:

those titles you refer to come actually with the system sf.net is based on. To allow access to svn, cvs, trackers whatever to do work you have to actually be put in some kind of class.
So they are not registered in the project to have the tag "developer" or whatever. Its just a sideeffect of participating.

What possibly could you or more generally spoken this part of the XOOPS Universe gain by removing them? I already named the possible advantage of having them still in there - can you give a real reason why they should be removed ( i mean in a way that "this current Xoops.org Xoops" would have any gain from it?

Also what is happening now will most likely make this and the new teams place a more pleasant one because - once split up - both sides could get back to working on what they think is right instead of fighting each other. Banning them would just fuel the fire. Instead of that both sides should solve the open issues asap and then move their way.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

BlueStocking

@Mauricio:

You said:
Quote:

RE: @bluestoking: is so easy confirm with each one about it before the remotion of privileges....

Mauricio;
Yes, MadFish and Herko have had their names removed. These are two that concerned me. Herko because of his foundation affiliation and MadFish because DJ gave him the lead DTP position, I believe in good faith... (then approved by the membership) I also believe this test of confidence failed to give way to a legimate new governance and lead to the area which was allowed to become a developer recruiting ground for a competing CMS.

Which then moved to supposed XOOPS territory, to develop futher this new competing CMS.

I find this unethical for the positon of DPT leader.

I am also concerned that the Brazilian team who have a fine product developed on their own is going to be tainted by the antics of the ImpressCMS team.

I hope that doesn't happen.

BS

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits