skenow
Re: Protector Install Issue Narrowed Down!
  • 2007/6/3 2:39

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

zaphmann wrote:
Hello - thanks all for the tips, I followed Stephan88's guide

Quote:
go to admin -> xoopsinfo, click "PHP Info" tab and scroll down a little to "Configuration - PHP Core". Find the "open_basedir" value and see if it is set. Is it same as your XOOPS root?

which I couldn't do last time because I couldn't install Xoopsinfo, this time it's in aandunder Server Info (no PHP Info) I found the value:Quote:
open_basedir no value no value

Does this tell you anything more than you knew already?

Server Info tab is correct.

The value (no value) for open_basedir matches mine. This is not causing your problems. It lies with your host account configuration. Follow the recommendations of others that use a folder inside your web root.
Quote:

/home
/my_account
/public_html [this is the website root, your site is in here somewhere]
/public_html/my_trust_path

zaphmann
Re: Protector Install Issue SOLVED
  • 2007/6/3 3:13

• zaphmann

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/22

Steve et al.

I followed the advice and placed the trust path under my root and added a htaccess file per GI Joe. I had to be careful to remove Protector and undo the edits in the mainfile.php in reverse, so that I could (per instructions) set the trust path, then install Protector, then put in the include check statements...

I got the same result.

That told me that the problem had nothing to do with where it was placed.

So it made me look for the precheck & postcheck php files (they were where they should be), so as you have often been right, Steve, I rechecked the typing... and there it was - in my efforts to ensure I had the correct statement I had copied and pasted lines, somehow I had copied and pasted 'precheck/php' into BOTH includes...

I am extremely embarrassed, to compound this, because I had cut and paste I didn't of course consider the statements could be wrong... though I had looked and two others also looked, we never caught it.

So I unwound everything again, put the trust path back outside my root and it's all fine!

Thank you so much, I have green lights everywhere and am eager to proceed.

Anyone else who has protector install problems, I hope I can help them.

Thanks again
Z

skenow
Re: Protector Install Issue SOLVED
  • 2007/6/3 4:16

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I'm glad is finally all sorted out!

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits