Anonymous
Re: Just starting out
  • 2009/2/22 12:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
eddiefong wrote:

trying a Morphogenesis 2 templete

I think you are confusing "themes" and "templates". Morphogenesis is a "theme".

Templates:
These come with the core and with modules; they are files that are used to determine what is displayed, calling content from the database (amongst other things). There are module-specific and yes, as you've found, you can upload new or amended templates in compressed format. You can also edit templates offline and upload them, overwriting an original template. Templates can also be cloned.

Themes:
These work site-wide and determine the overall "look" of your site and how content is displayed, e.g. font sizes, table colours, block appears and the overall colour scheme. Themes are uploaded via FTP software uncompressed and directly into the /themes folder where XOOPS finds them automatically.

There aren't that many template sets available for download other than those which come with modules themselves. If a new or modified template is needed that users tend to do this themselves according to their own needs.

On the other hand, there are countless themes available for download and this site has a themes gallery. Plenty of others are available elsewhere. Many are made available without cost but some (from professional designers, for example) are available for a small charge.

HTH

eddiefong
  • 2009/2/23 2:10

• eddiefong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/22

Hello, and thnax, I decided to delete the original core template that i started with. here is the link to the template i have selected. It says that the Themes built with the template Morphogenesis 2 from xoofoo.org. what should i do. How and where do i find and upload a suitable template for my site???? what shuld i do next???????

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/23 8:56

• Anonymous

• Since:

NOT templates..... THEMES. Please read the above post.

Start by looking in the xoops.org Themes gallery.

eddiefong
  • 2009/2/24 0:45

• eddiefong

• Just popping in

thank you. that is the one i previously tried to upload. its called yazras. and its a compressed zip file that doesn't upload in the template ad min section. help. also extracting the template html file is a error also help!!! thanx

eddiefong
  • 2009/2/24 0:47

• eddiefong

• Just popping in

oh ok themes NOT TEMPLATES?

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/24 8:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
eddiefong wrote:

oh ok themes NOT TEMPLATES?

YES!!!!

Unzip the files from the downloaded theme and upload them into the themes directory. XOOPS with find your new theme automatically and it will be available for selection in Preferences>General settings

HTH

Login

Who's Online

390 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 390

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits