meherenow9
Re: No Admin Menu
  • 2005/6/11 15:20

• meherenow9

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/11

I first read that as admin.php. I tried it again using adminmenu.php and no 404 error this time, but still no menu, either.

jdseymour

OK, let me get this clarified. When you entered admin did you receive a message like "This is the first time logging into admin"?

Second question on the left hand side there is no picture titled "System Admin"?

meherenow9
  • 2005/6/11 15:28

• meherenow9

• Just popping in

Yes, it gave me the message, "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed." This is what I get after I hit the button:

http://www.devilsofthehorde.com/images/xoopsscreen.JPG

jdseymour

Thanks for the screeny.

Try the method described in this Faq Page.

Also, do you have a firewall?

meherenow9
  • 2005/6/11 15:37

• meherenow9

• Just popping in

I followed the instructions on the FAQ and it didn't change anything, I still get the blank Admin Menu. Yes, I use Windows Firewall on XP Home. I tried turning it off, deleting adminmenu.php and reentering the admin menu at the site, but it still didn't do anything.

jdseymour

Disable it temporaily, it could be blocking referer information. Alternately check the settings to allow referer for your site, or make your site a trusted site.

jdseymour

See This Page for more on what I am talking about above.

meherenow9
  • 2005/6/11 15:43

• meherenow9

• Just popping in

Tried that with no results. I turned off the firewall, deleted adminmenu.php and tried reentering the admin menu at the site. Should I try a reinstallation of the whole thing?

jdseymour

Just reupload the files first. Maybe corruption in transfer. Database seems fine. Were you able to update the system module? That may help also.

meherenow9
  • 2005/6/11 15:48

• meherenow9

• Just popping in

Quick question before I start uploading anything. Does it matter whether I uploaded the files in ASCII or binary format? If so, which am I supposed to use? I believe I used ASCII during the original install.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits