mactoeknee
Re: New to XOOPS
  • 2005/4/1 14:54

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

I see you're still having trouble-- I am very new to all this and just plod my way through it, so don't take what I write as good advice, but perhaps something to try since you have run out of ideas.

We also seem to be setting this up using different tools, but perhaps my experience will help you nonetheless...

I set up the new mySQL database using my virtual host administrator interface called Cpanel (it's a shared hosting thing on a Linux server, I do not have root access, I just have a username).

I called the database xoopsdb, but I noticed once I entered it, the Cpanel renamed it username_xoopsdb. I understand this, since it's shared virtual hosting. The username for the database likewise was renamed username_username (where the first is the linux acct name, the second is the db user I added).

So, if this situation mimics yours at all, perhaps you need to add a priviledged, but not root, user account to your server, and call your database username_class, and add user username_huw to that database, and forget the localhost stuff.

If not exactly, perhaps this will send you in a new direction that will lead to success.

Good luck, in any case! Mac T

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits