Mithrandir
Re: can i re-create webmaster use with uid=1?

Quote:

Shine wrote:
A small question regarding this topic:
When I take a look at my xoops_users table I see for the default main admin the following:
Uid (1)
Rank (7)
Level (5)

Now regarding this level I see differences between my other webmaster who are having full acces and admin rights.
Their level shows (1) instead of (5).
So if I need to create a new main administrator (because somebody deleted him/her) should I also change its level into (5) ?

Grtz., Shine

Rank is just a key to the ranks table, indicating a webmaster rank.

Level is another matter - there are level 0 for inactive accounts and 1 (or higher) for active accounts. I guess it is a leftover from earlier times before the group permissions as they are today, where a user's permissions were based on that level attribute, but I don't know for sure.

I do know that nowhere in the core are there any difference between having a level 1 or level 45 - all that matters is whether it is zero or higher than zero.

As to modules requiring user ID = 1, then that is a poor, poor and extremely poor implementation of restrictions. The core supplies a XOOPS_GROUP_ADMIN constant for specifying the webmaster's group - a group that cannot be deleted and has added privileges in the permissions implementation for safety reasons - and that group should be used, not a single user ID.

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits