Mithrandir
Re: Need a little help from modules developers

Get this Module

It can be installed through the administration menu (Do NOT run the admin/installer.php - db tables are created through module installation) and it works for the normal user pages.

In the remaining files remove all session_start()'s - this is done in XOOPS and you have full access to adding or removing variables in $_SESSION - I have tested that.

All mysql_ function calls shall be changed to $xoopsDB-> calls instead.

I could not get the freeRecordSet function to work, so I just commented it out.

Change all database tables in SQL queries from
...FROM tplls_tablename WHERE...

to
...FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("tplls_tablename")." WHERE...

Remove 2nd parameter from the queries as well as the "or die" clause, so
$xoopsDB->query("some SQL in here"$connection) or die(mysql_error());

becomes
$xoopsDB->query("some SQL in here");

I have changed the tplleaguestats/index.php, change.php, headtohead.php and season.php, so they should work now.

What is missing is the above mentioned changes in all files in tplleaguestats/admin except menu.php and leaguematches.php, so remove the admin/installer.php and admin/index.php altogether and change the other files to resemble the layout in leaguematches.php, which means that you should include root/include/cp_header.php and start with a cp_header() call and finish with a cp_footer() call.

When that is done, we'll look into the xoops_version.php for module preferences, so they are done through XOOPS built-in functionality instead of by the module itself.

Good luck and have fun

ralf57
  • 2004/2/24 17:23

• ralf57

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/3 1

hi mith.
thank you for your work..
I've followed the first part of your indication and
installed the module you linked above.
But i have no good news..
Before editing the files in "admin" folder i've tried to manually insert some data(teams and matches) in the database via MYAdmin.
Loaded tplleaguestats/index.php into the browser and the script didn't show any result
I've noted that preferences editing via MySQL reflect on the script instead.It's strange.
The queries seem to be correct in index.php,even i don't know MySQL syntax.
I'm really sorry to bore you again,but that's all.
regards,ralf.

Mithrandir

I don't know what causes this, but I get "Action not allowed" in the MySQL debug - which is an XOOPS error.

My guess is that the percentage sign in the query initiates this error, but it beats me, how this error is triggered.

ralf57
  • 2004/2/24 20:41

• ralf57

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/3 1

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
I don't know what causes this, but I get "Action not allowed" in the MySQL debug - which is an XOOPS error.

My guess is that the percentage sign in the query initiates this error, but it beats me, how this error is triggered.

Do you think this is a solvable problem?
I wouldn't give up to this trouble.....

Login

Who's Online

1184 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits