DonXoop
Re: XOOPS2 and registering with major search engines.

This thread is priceless
The referels and search terms are always interesting. My site has only been live for just under a week. I goosed google for a look see and already I have referels from google, yahoo, aol , msn, xoops, other message boards, and a few that turned out to be from freebie webmail accounts. I won't have to do any submits. The snowball is perpetual.

The search strings are boring so far and deal directly with the content and intent of the site

I like the idea of naming the links to be relevent to the content. It greatly increases the odds that the listing gives a description with high confidence of what is under it. If your content is relevent they will come. Keeps the noise level down and a higher ratio of users that stay for the right reasons.

I'm too tired to be clever but enjoyed reading and less thinking. Slightly OT I recall maintaining a Squid proxy server and being asked by the owner for a report on traffic patterns. Too much detail to the pointy haired ones only causes more trouble and work but he insisted. And the top search term being used for web traffic from the office workers was...... "Nude hairy men". The other nine were mostly along the same lines.

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits