daddystu
209 beta upgrade...failed to open stream error
  • 2004/10/24 10:34

• daddystu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/25

OK most likely this is my fault, for that I apologise in advance.

I also apart from having a great site want to be able to know a bit more though about what kinds of things go wrong so I thought this would be one of no doubt many such opportunities.....

Had a vanilla install of 2.0.7 no problem.
In trying to upgrade to 2.0.9 beta, I copied the files over and now...the home page gives me this.

Warning: Unknown(/mypathhere/xoops/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/another path here/xoops/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

So, I will try again and be very careful but ...what kind of error do I have here??

Much obliged.

BTW this is our testing server...

Mithrandir
Re: 209 beta upgrade...failed to open stream error

Did you do anything with your mainfile.php in the upgrade process?

Also - did you use the patch or full package?

daddystu
  • 2004/10/24 10:57

• daddystu

• Just popping in

woah! this is almost chat like..

using the patch.

using an ftp client,
I simply uploaded the files from the patch....
pretty sure the mainfile.php was untouched.
result as I said above.

currently redoing things.
have wiped all out,
started afresh, new 2.0.7 installation.
all works well.
am again transferring the patch files, about 10 mins to go.

will let you know.

what sort of error is it? can you tell that it is database-ish or php-ish from the messages?

off topic I know but I LOOOVE xoops...and you guys are great.
thanks.

Mithrandir

Quote:
what sort of error is it? can you tell that it is database-ish or php-ish from the messages?

Nothing to do with the database. If the path in the "failed opening" differs from the path in "in file..." then it is most likely a mismatch between server configuration and the mainfile.php

Check with your server admin (if that person is yourself, this should be an easy task ) whether the information in mainfile.php is different from what it should be.

daddystu
  • 2004/10/24 11:15

• daddystu

• Just popping in

Thanks for that.

Well, I have done something wrong again....
Just to clarify though, my initial post implied two different paths, this was not the case, sorry.

Here is the latest the paths are all the same....xxx just to simplify.

So recap. I installed a 2.0.7 installation, all was fine.
I then ftpd the files from the 2.0.9 beta patch. No changes have been made to the mainfile.php - that I know of - and, I get these....

Warning: main(/xxx/include/common.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /xxx/mainfile.php on line 93

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/xxx/include/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /xxx/mainfile.php on line 93

Warning: main(header.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /xxx/index.php on line 43

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /xxx/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /xxx/footer.php on line 30

daddystu
  • 2004/10/24 11:25

• daddystu

• Just popping in

Oops, having fun but not helping you help me...sorry, I shall now refrain...

I thought it might be easy and undoable to change the permissions on
include/common.php.
Why? I referred to our main site (the beta is on the testing server ) and the perms on common.php were rwxr-xr-x but on this new beta, they were not.

SO, I changed the perms.

now...hehehehe

Fatal error: getdatabaseconnection(): Failed opening required '/xxx/class/database/mysqldatabase.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /xxx/class/database/databasefactory.php on line 24
Warning [PHP]: main(/xxx/include/functions.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in file include/common.php line 75
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '/xxx/include/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file include/common.php line 75
Warning [PHP]: getdatabaseconnection(/xxx/class/database/mysqldatabase.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 24

Mithrandir

Oh bugger - did I mess up the permissions on this one? I'm a Windows guy, myself, so I usually just have things either writeable or read-only...

Can you see if this is a general problem (and hopefully how to correct it?)

I .zipped the packages from my windows machine, copied the files (php files etc. not the .zip) to my Linux machine and tarballed the .tar.gz packages from that one - but I did not consider permissions, I must admit.

Thanks for your feedback

daddystu
  • 2004/10/24 12:03

• daddystu

• Just popping in

I would love to help and will...if I can.

err..what should I do?
I can look over a dozen or so files and see if the beta perms match the working 207 I have on my working site if you like.

as for fixing it...sorry, no idea where to go...

do yo uwant me to play ??

Mithrandir

yes please - make a little survey there, would be nice.

Hopefully someone will be able to guide you (and/or me) on from there

daddystu
  • 2004/10/24 12:20

• daddystu

• Just popping in

as you have surmised I'm sure I'm at a Mac OS X machine in Safari right now.
(in case it matters - sorry to be so newbie)

OK well, comparing the files on the beta with my working site (hosted on linux) err most of them have the wrong permissions....

think I will make the whole thing rwxr-xr-x and then go back and change those writable ones??

Login

Who's Online

533 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 533

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits