dlpicha
Third Eye Subscriptions Module - problems...
  • 2008/4/2 3:05

• dlpicha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/20

First, I'm a novice when it comes to XOOPS - I'm learning on the fly...
We have incorporated the Third Eye Subscription module into our site and have integrated it with PayPal. We have only one level of paid membership and offer no products for sale. We are not using PayPal subscriptions.
My issue is this: When someone pays for a membership, they are correctly sent to PayPal and are able to make the payment, and they are then directed back to our site, but the module does not upgrade them to 'paid member' status and their payment is not recorded in the payment transactions report. I am notified of the successful payment from PayPal. The user id also does not show up in the subscriptions report either. One important point to note: It was working properly until I entered in about 30 subscriptions manually - careful to add info correctly - (manual entry is allowed by the module). Any thoughts (short of deleting all of my manual entries)??? Dave

Anonymous
Re: Third Eye Subscriptions Module - problems...
  • 2008/4/2 4:25

• Anonymous

• Since:

hummmm ... you want your module to check paypal autmoatically and add new members to paid members group directly !

If you see this feature in any other script, let us to know, so may be can integrate the same odea to this module.

Now I think good solution for you is notify new members to create account with same email that used in paypal payment, so you can know them easily even nickname not show up.

Quote:
Step 1: Register an account at XOOPSDesign.com with a valid email if you are not a registered user yet. Use the same email with which you have created your XOOPSDesign.com account when filling the 2checkout payment form.

dlpicha
  • 2008/4/2 14:36

• dlpicha

• Just popping in

thanks for the reply. I'm sorry i wasn't more clear with my first post. We do require users to register on the site before being able to pay for a membership. So, they are already 'Registered Users' (free) and have to log in to actually make the payment and upgrade. The module should automatically upgrade them to 'Paid Member' status but it is not doing so and no record of the payment is being recorded in the payment transactions report. I still think there's an issue with the manual entries but not sure what caused it to quit working.

Anonymous
  • 2008/4/2 15:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

How do you want the module know if those member become paid member to upgrade them ?

I think all web companies doing it manually.

dlpicha
  • 2008/4/2 16:57

• dlpicha

• Just popping in

PayPal sends back a message to ipn.log once the registered user has completed the payment process and the module is supposed to change the status/access level to 'paid member' - which it used to do but quit working. It was automatic but has become a manual process.

stefan88
  • 2008/4/2 19:25

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

There may be some index, that is not updated when you made manual entry and that breaks the script.

Did you try to contact the autor about the problem ...?

Peekay
  • 2008/4/2 20:58

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

PayPal IPN is notorious. I believe they also change the way it works from time to time. You may find some help on their user forum.

At least you can cross-check your PayPal a/c and upgrade members manually if there's a glitch. With Zen Cart for example, if IPN fails the order fails, so you get the money and have absolutely no idea what the customer has purchased.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

dlpicha
  • 2008/4/3 22:28

• dlpicha

• Just popping in

It would be nice if we had a template on what info was required/optional in the manual entry page but there is none. We haven't made much progress with the author & I thought I might run across someone in the general forums that has had the same issue and corrected it. Thanks - I appreciate all of your replies...

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits