brash
Did I just get hacked, or is it some weird database corruption?
  • 2004/1/14 9:47

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my server and operating system, and have had my site up and running for a good week, however something really weird just happened. I was wanting to make a few layout changes, so I went into the system admin -> preferences -> general settings and set the "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" radio button to on.

After the database had updated I went back to my homepage and what I got instead of my site was a blank page with an error message on it saying there had been an internal error. So I pushed the back button and to my relief it appeared the sys admin section was still accessable. I tried reversing the changes I'd made, but to no effect. However, if I set the site to use another theme there was no problem.

My next thought was cache, so I manually deleted the contents of the template_c and cache directories which also had no effect. I turned PHP debug on and when using my theme the debug was showing a whole lot of errors regarding not being able to open cache files. I verified that the files where there and had the correct permissions applied. From here I stopped my site, deleted all the files and restored the entire site (apart from the database) from a known working backup, but still no joy. This meant it had to be the database.

Luckily I had only added minimal data since the last backup, so I deleted the whole site, MySQL database and all and restored from backup again from scratch. It now works, and I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced anything like this before, or if you could offer some explination as to perhaps why it happened?

Login

Who's Online

685 user(s) are online (553 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 685

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits