HazardEffect
Cloning Content module

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to clone the Content module from the CompanyPack module package. AFAIK the Content module is TinyContent with FCKEditor, and it's brilliant, but I need at least 2 instances of the module so I can have 2 separate menus. I've got this working, so I can click either menu and the correct pages display.

But there's a problem with links from the edit, print and add icons at the bottom of the pages. These only link to the first module that I install.
For example:
If I have 2 Content modules, content and content_01.
The links from the edit icons from both menus are

/modules/content/admin/index.php?op=edit&id=1&return=1
and not

/modules/content/admin/index.php?op=edit&id=1&return=1
/modules/content_01/admin/index.php?op=edit&id=1&return=1

I think this is an installation issue, but I'm new to XOOPS and have no idea where to start. It would help if I knew what part of the code actually displays the icons.

So if anyone has any experience of TinyContent or cloning modules, I would really appreciate some advice.

msdana
Re: Cloning Content module
  • 2006/2/25 17:17

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

If the only reason you want to clone this module is to have two menus, why not use Multimenu?

You can create as many menus as you need. It's a great module and popular with many XOOPS users.

You can read more about it here.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

HazardEffect

I'm looking for something to allow users to add and edit page content for each menu link, and Multimenu doesn't seem to do this.

After looking into this further, I think the problem I'm having is something to do with a shared directory path, since only one template is being used for all of the cloned Content modules. But if I can't fix it then Multimenu should do for one of the menus.

Thanks.

HazardEffect

Well I finally found a fix, but don't know the cause of the problem - I added this to index.php:
$xoopsTpl->assign('editurl', 'content_01');
and used the variable 'editurl' to get the correct module name in the template, like for the print icon.
So now I have multiple Content menus, all working, and I must say I'm extremely impressed with XOOPS. Content module seems to work perfectly with XOOPS 2.05.
Brilliant!

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits