trabis
XMF and Publisher
  • 2011/8/30 1:25

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Hi all.

I have just upload to XOOPS SVN the Xoops Module Framework I have been working on and a "publisher" branch powered by it.

I'll be working on both of them for the next couple of weeks and I hope you can take a look at them and jump right in on development.

In this branch of publisher I removed several classes and re factored the admin layout.
For the index page, the layout is identical to modulesclasses. For the about page, the layout is a bit of moduleclasses and a bit of the old one provided by smartfactory.

The moduleclasses are integrated on XMF with small changes on the api, they make use of templates so they can be easily updated by theme designers. The moduleclasses code was decoupled into several classes, my idea is to be able to reuse this classes outside the admin pages (infoboxes could be used on user side). It is not a finished work tough.

XMF has a lot of extra classes that I'll be removing. I'll be dropping object handler, object forms, forms, criteria and other classes that are replacing core functionality instead of extending it.

Next step will be moving tcpdf from publisher to xmf and create a class for interface.

I'll keep this thread updated.

redheadedrod
Re: XMF and Publisher

Sounds like a good project.

Would like to see how this turns out along with the rm commons. Although rm commons is kind of a heavy module to be setting up a module development framework.

Would be nice to see you guys maybe combine the two projects and make a really nice module framework. We need a good powerful one included with the core.

Rodney

Mamba
  • 2011/8/30 4:59

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Excellent news, Trabis! This could be a major thing for XOOPS module development! The Publisher looks very good with the XMF!

If you guys want to download it and play with it, here are the download links :

XMF: download here
Publisher (XMF-based): download here

Both are modules and you install both of them just like a regular module - start with XMF, and then install the Publisher.

Have fun, and let Trabis know what you think.

The same way as redheadedrod, I do hope that we'll be able to merge XMF and RMCommen into one outstanding Module Framework, that will allow us to create awesome XOOPS modules in hours instead of days.

We are entering very exciting times for XOOPS!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

trabis
  • 2011/8/30 14:17

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:

Would be nice to see you guys maybe combine the two projects and make a really nice module framework. We need a good powerful one included with the core.

Rodney

I agree! I will be looking into rmcommon and see if can merge them.

timgno
  • 2011/8/30 20:38

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Italian translation for both of these two modules is available here

trabis
  • 2011/8/30 21:48

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

timgno wrote:
Italian translation for both of these two modules is available here

Thanks!

Added tcpdf(latest version) into xmf libraries folder. Publisher is now using Xmf_Pdf.

redheadedrod

I am curious what the current status of XMF?

At this point I am waiting to work on my "Universal" system because I would like to see where XMF is going. In the mean time I am working on some other stuff but would like to hear what your plans are currently with this?

Rodney

Mamba
  • 2011/10/17 2:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I am curious what the current status of XMF?

XMF is right now on a backburner for Trabis, since he is busy with 2.6 refactoring. Unfortunately, there are only 24 hours/day

My understanding is that XMF will become active after XOOPS 2.6
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

lol @ 24hrs/day I know that one..

Well Mamba, thanks for the update.. I will be working on my own stuff hoping to use with 2.6... So guess it will happen down the road.

timgno
  • 2011/10/17 9:06

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Publisher (XMF-based): download here

An Exception Has Occurred

Unknown location: /XoopsModules/publisher/trunk

HTTP Response Status

404 Not Found

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits