Fork me on GitHub
Get XOOPS XOOPSXOOPS FAQFAQ ForumsForums NewsNews ThemesThemes ModulesModules
New Posts New Topics All Posts All Forums Index General Modules Themes Development International XOOPS.org

Search

Learn XOOPS Core

Donat-O-Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00

Local Support

Advertisement

XOOPS Code hosted on SourceForge

Cumulus Tag Cloud

- 2 2.5 2.6 3.0 4 6 2013 Abuse adslight Android AntiHarvesting AntiMalUser AntiSpam API Apple Battlefield billige Bootstrap Captcha cell chronolabs CHUNG Clicks content CĂN demo docek download Dresses evden eve facebook Fat floor Food for free Gateway Google Guide herre Home Honeypot HP Human HỘ IP iPhone jQuery Language List log Loss mobile module modules Monster new newbb news NHÀ online PARK phone PHP Prevention profile project Protector publisher Rapid RESIDENCE responsive review Rights rmcommon security Sentry site Smartphone Smoking Solution Spam stem Studio tdmcreate template The Theme themes web weight Wishcraft xoops Xortify XPayment ZendFramework

New Users

Registering user

# 137718

xxoopss

Welcome to XOOPS!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

#1 Posted on: 2011/1/2 21:11 XOOPS Banner System
Crew,

One of my sites has started up a couple of affiliations which are largely banner driven. However, the banner system in XOOPS is quite antiquated.

I am wondering if anyone has plans to either update functionality or modularize the banner system as currently deployed in XOOPS 2.5.

Thanks!

++I;
Resized Image
iunderwood
Friend of XOOPS
Friend of XOOPS
From Leicester, MA
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#2 Posted on: 2011/1/2 23:17 Re: XOOPS Banner System
there was a separate banner module RW-Banner, but I am not sure if it works in 2.5.0

And there was also this hack

Please support XOOPS & DONATE
Use 2.5.7 | Debugging | Requests | Bugs
Mamba
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
Designer Group
(Show More) (Show Less)

#3 Posted on: 2011/1/3 0:00 Re: XOOPS Banner System
Neither of those really suit my needs, but it might be trivial to add the following things for an upcoming release, especially with all the work done to make the interface pretty under 2.5:

* Add a description field to the banner. This would allow at a quick glance what the banner is.

* Add expire by date/time. Some promotions are date-dependent and not impression-dependent.

Also, in 2.5 all of the fields except Extra Info are mandatory. Is this truly the case, or can that be reverted to the Client Name only? The other fields are nice, but I don't quite agree with the mandatory flag on them.

++I;
Resized Image
iunderwood
Friend of XOOPS
Friend of XOOPS
From Leicester, MA
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.