Anonymous
Templates problem
  • 2011/10/3 12:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

After upgrading to xoops 2.5.x (2.5.2 RC1 at the moment) my site has a template problem. I cloned the templates long ago but cannot figure out how to edit the cloned ones.

When going back to the default ones (choosing default templates in the main settings) the whole site stops working. I also don't understand why this choosing template sets still exists under main settings as cloning templates is not posible anymore (or am I mistaken?)

In the templates section I even cannot choose the cloned set for editing or updating.

XOOPS 2.5.2-RC1 / PHP 5.2.17

trabis
Re: Templates problem
  • 2011/10/3 17:57

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

flipse wrote:
After upgrading to xoops 2.5.x (2.5.2 RC1 at the moment) my site has a template problem. I cloned the templates long ago but cannot figure out how to edit the cloned ones.

You can't edit them because that feature was deprecated. You should copy your templates into the themes folder before doing the 2.5.update :(

Quote:

When going back to the default ones (choosing default templates in the main settings) the whole site stops working.

That is odd, do you have write permissions on xoops_data folder and 'check templates for modification' enabled on system preferences?

Quote:

I also don't understand why this choosing template sets still exists under main settings as cloning templates is not posible anymore (or am I mistaken?)

The only propose of this setting is for people that are in your situation, this way they can move to default. I guess this could be done in upgrade process, you have a point there.

Quote:

In the templates section I even cannot choose the cloned set for editing or updating.

This goes along with point 1, it has been deprecated.

Let me know about point 2, thanks.

Anonymous
  • 2011/10/3 18:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks for your reply Trabis. I checked xoops_data has 770 permissions, caches and underlying folders have full permissions. Error page I get when choosing default template tells:

Error : Smarty error: [in db:news_block_top.html line 915]: syntax error: unidentified token '#039;counter'' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 1410)

trabis
  • 2011/10/3 18:24

• trabis

• Core Developer

Okey, so just clear your cache/compile files and you should be ok. You can do it using system->maintenace if you like.

Anonymous
  • 2011/10/3 19:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Clearing cache/compile does not work. But I got any further on the change to default templates error. It gives the error but I never dared to do anything except going back one page to correct the issue. Now I ignored the error and noticed the site still works but also template is still the cloned one. So using the templates setting in settings refuses to work, gives an error, but without further consequences. Site still works but I cannot use the new template system.

trabis
  • 2011/10/3 19:10

• trabis

• Core Developer

Please do the following steps:
-go to system preferences and change template set to default.
-go to system maintenace and clear caches/compiles.

Report back with error message and queries made.
It can also be a problem with the news module template. If you could update it to same or newer version it could solve your problem. Maybe you have edited news template a long time ago and messed something there.

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits