XoopsFaq 1.25 RC1
Category : Modules
Published by zyspec on 18-May-2017 12:40
XoopsFaq 1.25 RC1
XoopsFaq 1.25 - RC1
A simple, yet powerfull Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This is a RELEASE CANDIDATE (RC) release, do not use it on a production site!
Xoopsfaq is a XOOPS module that allows an administrator to create
FAQs and responses. This version of the module has been refactored and provides the ability for
site administrators to create FAQs and assign them to a category. The categories utlize the XOOPS
Group Pemission subsystem to allow the administrator to limit visibility of a category (and subsequently
the FAQs in the category). The code has been updated to work with, and take advantage of the features in,
XOOPS 2.5.9. The module includes the following features:
- Create virtually unlimited categories and FAQs.
- XOOPS 2.5.x Administration GUI
- Uses XOOPS Editor class to allow admin to use HTML in FAQ answers if desired
- Frontside pages (Category and FAQ) create page specific HTML meta data for the title and keywords
- FAQs can be published at a future date allowing administrator the ability to write FAQs and publish later
- Ability to activate/inactivate a FAQ to control FAQ visibility
- Multi-language support - no hard coded language strings
- Contains three (3), permissions aware cloneable blocks to display Recent FAQs, Random FAQs, and Categories
- Has plugin for XOOPS Search functionality to search a catogory and FAQ title/answer for keywords
- Uses XOOPS templating system for display to make customization easier
- No database changes so it's easy to update from previous versions
- Moderinization of code provides better reliability and security than previous versions
Why is this an RELEASE CANDIDATE Release?
- This module needs some additional testing - Please consider helping!
- All of the functionality that will be added to this version has been included - we now need to test and fix any issues so we can create a production release
- The documentation isn't complete - please consider creating a GitBook for this module.
- We need to create language translation files on TRANSIFEX. Currently ENGLISH is included with the module but please consider helping translate to other languages
Please read the /docs/install.txt file for installation and configuration information.
Backup your existing site before installing/upgrading any new XOOPS module.
Download: XOOPS FAQ - NOTE: Don't forget to rename the folder from xoopsfaq-master to xoopsfaq before you install the module.
Issues: Please post issues in the XoopsFAQ GitHub issues tracker.