Netquery Version 4.0
See it HERE
Download it HERE
Discuss it HERE
Version 4.0 of Netquery, the complete PHP/SQL open-source toolkit of network information utilities, introduces a fully integrated spambot blocker based on version 2.06 of Michael Hampton's "Bad Behavior" utility. Its purpose is to deal with problems caused by automated scripts that attempt to read everything on your site, harvest email addresses, and post spam and false referrers, trying to advertise their own links through your web pages. It works to prevent spambots from accessing your site by analyzing their actual HTTP requests and comparing them to known profiles.
Netquery's major features currently include the following:
- access monitoring & log management,
spambot "bad behavior" screening,
- geoip & "top countries" usage mapping,
- multidomain & IP/AS whois lookups,
- autodiscovery for whois TLD server,
- DNS and Dig (ANY, SOA, NS, MX) queries,
- email address format & MX validation,
- port check with services lookup option,
- HTTP HEAD and GET requests,
- ICMP pings (local and/or remote),
- traceroutes (local and/or remote),
- looking glass router interrogation,
- updateable GeoIP & ports data paks,
- user inputs with admin notice & approval,
- multi-instance sideblocks in CMS editions,
- admin selectable CSS stylesheet options,
- full W3C XHTML 1.1 & CSS compliance.
Although the original "Bad Behavior" utility includes some generic capabilities, it was designed primarily as a plugin for the WordPress blogging application. Therefore, its application under other environments lacks some desirable interface and database mangement features. The Netquery v4.0 modular packages are intended to overcome those deficiencies with full Xoops integration. The downloads package includes all required spambot blocker files and add a convenient admin panel interface, just as they do for other Netquery features. From there, the administrator can modify the spam blocker's operational options, can select entries from its blocked spam data table, can perform Whois lookups on selected IP addresses, and can delete any or all of the listed entries.