Bender
Lost Admin rights to my site
  • 2006/3/29 19:19

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

[size=x-small]This posting is taken from the faq comments. It was originally posted by senadmesic. Since it does not really belong to the faq item comments i moved it over here. Thank you for your understanding.[/size]

Original posting

Quote:
In my website I was only admin,and I don't know how,but somebody cancelled my admin profile and now I am just a regular registered visitor! I can't log in in my admin panel control and now I can't control my website.. Please,tell me how I can edit my "admin php" or just a simple way how I can putt me again in my website to by admin.. My URL is www.orahovica.org

Reply1 by gestroud:

Quote:
If you can get into the database for your site - through phpmyadmin for example - you can make changes in the _user table. Or you can upload any backed up database that you may have that you KNOW is good. That is if you have backed up your database, of course.

Reply2 by senadmesic:

Quote:
Hmm .. I am realy one newbie here.One my friend installed this XOOPS in my FTP server,from his computer and now hi is not here..I can enter in my FTP server and i can open all modules from my website..I see that I can open "admin.php" and that I can edit this "admin.php",but when I click on edit I open next page with some code what I can't understand :(copy)

Reply3 by irmtfan:

Quote:
senadmesic its strange but for back yourself to webmasters group just via phpmyadmin run this query: Quote:
INSERT INTO `xoops_groups_users_link` ( `linkid` , `groupid` , `uid` ) VALUES ( '12345', '1', '1' );
Note: 1- if your 'uid' is not '1' change it to yours. 2- if your db perfix is not "xoops" change it to yours.

Reply4 by senadmesic:

Quote:
Hmm..Thanks,but..do you can tell me how I can finde and open the "phpmyadmin"..I can't se "phpmyadmin" and I don't know how and where I can finde and open the "phpmyadmin"..
On the my website I am now just a regular visitor and i have rights just to do writing some comments in the forum, nothing else..
All data base from this website is still in my server(from bravehost.com).In this server I can't see "phpmyadmin" ,to open end edit.

Reply5 by monty:
Quote:
ask your host how to use it or if its installed. if its cpanel, click MySQL and scroll down the bottom and you'll see phpmyadmin.. or goto www.phpmyadmin.net and please use the forum for support the FAQ isn't a support forum.. it's a FAQ.

Reply6 by senadmesic:
Quote:
My host don't like to help me with this problem,becouse with my server is everethyng O.K. and php is not part of his job and deal..!? I downloaded "phpmyadmin" from www.phpmyadmin.net,but I can't open this thing,becouse I don't know software what I need to open it,becouse file type is unknown! Still,I can't do nothing..

Reply7 by monty:
Quote:
u can edit php files using notepad, or wordpad. or any text editor. i would recommend changing hosts if he can't tell you if phpmyadmin is installed or not.. there's plenty of good cheap hosts out there that will offer you a better package and deal.. surpasshosting.com is a good 1.

Reply8 by senadmesic:
Quote:
THANKS!! But..do you can tell me what part of pfp files I must to edit with text editor if I like to make my admin again? I'll ask my host about "phpmyadmin" ..
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Bender
Re: Lost Admin rights to my site
  • 2006/3/29 19:31

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

This is what your hoster says about accessing your database:

1. They are using phpmyadmin

2. To get to it do this:

Quote:
You can locate this by following these steps:
1. Login to Bravenet,
2. Click on manage hosting,
3. Click on databases.

Took me just two lines in their online support tool ...
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits