limecity
Soapbox the best~but...
  • 2004/2/20 6:09

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

I would never expect a module like this to appeared on xoops. Its the best module ever for article management.

Here are few weakness :

1. Its not searchable within the site itself and also its has no meta tags which makes , it can't be search within yahoo or google.

2. Soapbox index seems to be a bit unorganized.
i was expecting something like..this..:

COLUMN NAME 1

COLUMN NAME 2

COLUMN NAME 3

----------------
when user's click on the column name, it will show all the articles inside that particular column.

COLUMN NAME 1
- article
- article
- article

Just a little suggestions. You have done a great job. Soapbox rulez..

hsalazar
Re: Soapbox the best~but...
  • 2004/2/20 7:05

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

catscity:

Thanks for calling my attention to a real problem I had solved and then reinstalled (lol). The search function was working in a n early iteration of the module; later I switched to the new group permissions mode, but the file search.inc.php remained as it was.

To make Soapbox searchable all you have to do is open the mentioned file, look for line 28 and delete the reference to groupid from the query. So, instead of
Quote:

$sql = "SELECT artID, headline, lead, bodytext, uid, datesub, groupid FROM " . $xoopsDB -> prefix( "sbarticles" ) . " WHERE submit = 0 AND offline = 0 ";

you should have
Quote:

$sql = "SELECT artID, headline, lead, bodytext, uid, datesub FROM " . $xoopsDB -> prefix( "sbarticles" ) . " WHERE submit = 0 AND offline = 0 ";

This will make the search work ok.

With respect to your other comment, I don't quite understand what the problem is. When you're in the index page, you CAN click on the columns' names to go to a page where all the articles for that column are listed. Of course you can also click directly on the articles' names to read the pieces directly, but there's always the first option.

Additionally, in case you haven't noticed, in the modules' config options you can select to show the columns' names in the menu. This will display these names on your main menu, and when you click on one of them, of course you go to that specific column page.

I'll look for a way to add keywords to the META tags, but since those are controlled in the theme file, I didn't explore enough a way to make them grow...

Cheers.

limecity
  • 2004/2/25 7:03

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

Hmm i did re-explore soapbox

here is how i actually plan to use soapbox..
when clicked on soapbox on the main menu:
the page will show listed category ( columns )

-FOOD
-COMPUTERS
-TECHNOLOGY
-MOBILES

thats it.
-----------------------------------------

what soapbox have now is.. when clicked on the link on the main menu.

it showed the Article name instead of the category name.

-De'Lattea Restaurant
-Giant Computer Warehouse
-Blue Tooth Technology
-Nokia new handset

------------------------------------------

I was wondering why it showed the Name or the article instead of the column name?

carnuke
  • 2004/2/25 8:22

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello catcity,

What you describe is exactly how soapbox works. The category title displays in the categories headerbars. If your table headerbars are very light coloured you may not see the title because the text displays in white on the original module version.

Horacio can advise you more about this, but just check by hovering on the headers... you should see hyperlinks to the categories.

Richard

ninja
  • 2004/2/25 8:39

• ninja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/27

don't need to say more but your module is just awesome hsalazar . 2 questions though

1 - Can the column's author edit his/her articles?
2 - If a registered user submit an article in a column, does the author of that column has the ability to edit / del the article?

thank you

limecity
  • 2004/2/25 9:09

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

Hmm.. Is there anyway to make the index show the Column names(categroy) instead of the Article titles ?

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits