DrBohner
Re: XoopsGallery Fixes.. Recent Comments Link, New Pics Block showing thumbnail, etc...
  • 2003/6/19 17:33

• DrBohner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/4 1

M.,

You made a comment about refreshing the template - within the documentation, "Make sure you refresh your template files for this block"...

What does that mean?... I am not sure how to refresh the templates...

Daniel
drbohner@existinglight.net

www.sprintboat.org

kjs222
Re: XoopsGallery Fixes.. Recent Comments Link, New Pics Block showing thumbnail, etc...
  • 2003/6/19 19:01

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

I believe he's saying that if you already have xoopsgallery installed and you upload this fix, you'll need to refresh the templates in order to see the change in the display. I'm not positive how templates work on the inside, but I can tell you that "SMARTY" is XOOPS template manager, and when a module is installed, smarty takes all the templates in the module/templates folder, copies them to a new location, and references them in the database. This means that if you try to simply upload a new template it won't show up (since smarty's templates are stored and referenced elsewhere). So, in order to change a template, you either have to:

a) upload it the normal way, then update the module (I'm pretty shure this should do it), or

b) go into the template manager (admin->System->templates) and modify the "Gallery" template file using the utility found there... of course, in order to modify the templates using the online tool, you'll need to clone the default template (you can modify ANY template except the default one).

Hope I did more help than confuse!
Keith

hal_u1
  • 2003/6/20 7:22

• hal_u1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/4 8

Since updating XOOPS from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3,
when I post a comment on XOOPSGallery, the link on Recent Comment Block is bad.
albumName and id are blank.
So I use 'session.php' of the patches by SirTanksAlot,
but there is still error,(ERROR: requested index [] out of bounds [43])
and URL is incorrect.(XOOPS_URL/modules/xoopsgallery/view_photo.php?albumName=&id=&xoops_imageid=111&com_id=20&com_rootid=20&com_mode=thread&com_order=0#comment20)

On Recent Comment block, the link seems to be the same.
(XOOPS_URL/modules/xoopsgallery/view_photo.php?xoops_imageid=111&com_id=20&com_rootid=20&com_mode=thread&albumName=&id=&#comment20)

There is no albumName and id.

knight
  • 2003/6/21 7:30

• knight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/29

i wonder you solve the problem already ?
facing same problem, i just remove the
width="<{$image.width}>" height="<{$image.height}>" from the template and the pic is showing now...

anyway thanx for this patch

hal_u1
  • 2003/6/21 9:39

• hal_u1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/4 8

Hi, Knight!
You said to me?
Quote:
i wonder you solve the problem already ?

I did not solve..
I applied only session.php, so I will try to change the template.

destrux
  • 2003/7/3 9:21

• destrux

• Since: 2002/6/3 1

I'm experiencing this problem...after upgrading to 2.0.3 the link in Recent Comment block was bad having albumName and id blank. I used the session patch by SirTanksAlot but it didn't fix the URL problem so now when a comment is made on a photo I just ERROR: requested index [] out of bound [39] and the URL is still wrong. Need immediate assistance with this please.

destrux
  • 2003/7/3 10:01

• destrux

Well it seems I've narrowed the problem to the new comment_post.php. It seems this line of code:

$extra_params .= isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$extra_param]) ? $extra_param.'='.$HTTP_GET_VARS[$extra_param].'&amp;' $extra_param.'=&amp;';

which is added twice in the update for 2.0.3 replacing these line:

$extra_params .= isset(${$extra_param}) ? $extra_param.'='.${$extra_param}.'&amp;' $extra_param.'=&amp;';

For now I've just reverted back to the old comment_post.php since it seems these lines are just to add register globals = off functionality, so it shouldn't hurt anything reverting back to the old file, I hope. Regardless, if somebody with more PHP experience could look into this and find out why this is messing gallery up it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

destrux
  • 2003/7/3 20:25

• destrux

anybody?

destrux
  • 2003/7/4 22:56

• destrux

nobody's the least bit interested in this whatsoever? Am I the only person trying to use gallery with XOOPS 2.0.3?

jpboss
  • 2003/7/8 0:06

• jpboss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/7 2

I have the same problem, and the hack from Sir ThanksALot didn't help me :(

Still have the index array out of bounds error :(

Can you email me the comments file that u're using, because I have a "fresh" install and no 2.0.2 files

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits