vmax2extreme
Xoops Poll

Is it possible to set viewable permissions for displaying multiple polls? Say we want our Board of Directors to be only able to see one set of polls while our general members or just everyone can see another set of polls? Can all these polls be displayed in one block area and only viewable by their permissions set within? Right now I am running XOOPs 2.5.5 and XoopsPoll 1 which I am about to upgrade to verion 1.3.

Thanks in advance....

vmax2extreme
Re: Xoops Poll

Ok, just upgraded to XoopsPoll 1.3.3 and still you cant limit permissions except to the block. What I am trying to accomplish here is to limit polls to say like 3 groups so its hidden to all others and then have some polls that all groups may see to vote. I know you can use a block to limit access, but how do you do it for multiple polls with different views for each poll? Is this even possible?

Mamba
  • 2013/3/8 23:59

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

That would be possible by adding a Category feature.

Then you could assign which group can see a particular category.

Zyspec was working on some improvements to the XoopsPoll and was close to a release, so I don't think it would be a good idea to interrupt that. But once it is released, I think, having categories could be a good addition for a next release.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

vmax2extreme

Yes, by assigning categories for group access is what I am looking for. We have the need for this since now we just have to make them available to each group as a entirety which is very restrictive if your using multiple polls. Please keep us informed on the next release of this since its a key functionality we are looking for.

Thanks,

Mike

noo-b
  • 2013/3/9 23:36

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=338288#forumpost338288

as a temporary solution before new features added to xoopspoll you can use another poll module called umfrage

Mamba
  • 2013/3/10 0:06

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Zyspec is merging the features from Umfrage into XoopsPoll. They should be available in the next release.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

vmax2extreme

Is there an ETA on when the next release will be out? I know its all volunteer work, but I am just curious to see how long we are talking about? For now I will go take a look at the Umfrage module.

Thanks.....

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits